Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad squeegee leaving tracks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

Made a video showing the lines my squeegee is leaving behind - I am using Ettore rubbers in the Moerman liquidator channel. The rubbers are fitted as per some videos I watched by Tradman on YouTube. I have tried various angles to see if it was the technique causing the problem - also tried new rubbers and still getting them. Any idea what could be causing this - I figure the rubber is in some way not sitting on the glass correctly? Any tips / help would be much appreciated. 

Here is a video I made of the problem https://youtu.be/uJkv12OEJ5A

Looks tome like rubber could have a bit of grit or dirt on it, sometimes happens with me, i just wipe the blade with a cloth and its generally ok, if marks are in the same place consistently id say theres a nick in the rubber, try turning it round.

I use unger 

Made a video showing the lines my squeegee is leaving behind - I am using Ettore rubbers in the Moerman liquidator channel. The rubbers are fitted as per some videos I watched by Tradman on YouTube. I have tried various angles to see if it was the technique causing the problem - also tried new rubbers and still getting them. Any idea what could be causing this - I figure the rubber is in some way not sitting on the glass correctly? Any tips / help would be much appreciated. 

Here is a video I made of the problem https://youtu.be/uJkv12OEJ5A
I think it's your technique I would avoid fanning like that and go side to side and see how that works , and pick the speed up a bit , hope that helps

cheers

Is that a new rubber ? I always run my finger along the edge to see if it is smooth and without any nicks. I am currently using the black diamond rubber which I am pleased with, and I've been using it for a few weeks now. I also have the Moerman set up the same as you and find that it works really well. How long have you been using this set up and is it new to you? 

John

Gleam Clean

Window Cleaning Services

In the Tamar Valley

Thanks guys - it’s a new rubber and get the same on my red rubber aswell - gonna try a fresh one tomorrow and see if it elimates this 

Cant be sure from the video, but it does look like you have cut that rubber a little neat to the clips. Could be the problem.

When I am out at the van tomorrow I will take a photo of mine to show you what I mean.

Looks tome like rubber could have a bit of grit or dirt on it, sometimes happens with me, i just wipe the blade with a cloth and its generally ok, if marks are in the same place consistently id say theres a nick in the rubber, try turning it round.

I use unger 
Soap up window and try couple of straight pulls, if same lines appear it,s rubber

Thanks guys - it’s a new rubber and get the same on my red rubber aswell - gonna try a fresh one tomorrow and see if it elimates this 
Could see lines when you were going up and to the right at a angle, not when you you were going from left, may be mistaken with my eyes though. Think if you have a normal moerman handle, just put that on and see if results are same. Not tried the new Moerman handle your using but looks like the lines are coming from the handle region when at a angle, not along entire channel. I may be wrong from what I can see on the video, but try some straight pulls and see if lines are still there and where. But could be rubber or the pressure your exerting.

Cant be sure from the video, but it does look like you have cut that rubber a little neat to the clips. Could be the problem.

When I am out at the van tomorrow I will take a photo at mine to show you what I mean.
I take this back I checked my own, and mine its cut quite close also. I wouldnt have the blue end clips past the rubber. But its most likely a bad rubber as others have said.

20190922_174138.jpg

I always get this with moerman squeegees. Got excelerators 1 and 2 and same problems with both using ettore and moerman rubber so I thought this was just standard, anyone else find this? Did you fix this DelaCruz and if so, how? It’s not nice to see but those lines just evaporate without turning into permanent lines generally. I think I’ve sometimes noticed this happening to some degree in either/both tradman and polzn blades videos if I’m not mistaken and it didn’t seem to concern them. 

Also, I find that as I fan, when handgliding or ‘cutting down the mountain’, the top tip starts leading a tiny bead of water trailing from it after doing a few windows, tried changing angles of approach, angle of handle, pressure etc but can’t get rid once it starts. Generally doesn’t happen right at the start of the day, happens after I’ve done a few windows, I did think may be it’s water build up on the rubber in some way but it can be ok on say the first or second house. May be it’s just certain windows it does this on. Any ideas? Probably would help if I put a video up when I can.

p.s. I’m new to window cleaning  ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fit a Contour Pro Plus handle (£30) on that liquidator blade and everything will fall into place. I wouldn't use any other handle even if you paid me too. ?
I have this handle - it’s intereting that people often claim that the handle is the answer.

The handle is in theory just something that holds the rubber on the glass at the correct angle. What angle setting are you using on the contour Scottish? I have tried several settings and still get tracks - curious on what other maybe doing differently- can you describe the best technique/ angle for track free results 

I have this handle - it’s intereting that people often claim that the handle is the answer.

The handle is in theory just something that holds the rubber on the glass at the correct angle. What angle setting are you using on the contour Scottish? I have tried several settings and still get tracks - curious on what other maybe doing differently- can you describe the best technique/ angle for track free results 

Think you have the wrong handle, the ettore contour pro plus doesn't have an angle because it is spring loaded.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/351931911460?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=351931911460&targetid=522579822943&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=1007301&poi=&campaignid=6744139836&mkgroupid=78343140606&rlsatarget=aud-629407025185:pla-522579822943&abcId=1139126&merchantid=7368624&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzbX56Ie35QIVw7HtCh2OWwGlEAQYAyABEgJtrvD_BwE

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think I find with the Excelerator that if you hold it at a more obtuse angle to the window (further away) it gets less lines generally but it's still not perfect, seems to be hit and miss.  I've also used the Ettore Pro Grip handle, which to be honest didn't seem to make any difference.  Would like to try that Contour Pro Plus and see if that helps although I don't understand the reason why it gets rid of the lines with it's sprung handle.....and that really stirs up my OCD!  lol

i switched to exelerator and liquidator this year. i have used ettore rubber since 2013 but find it's not very reliable in the liquidator. i now buy moerman soft precut for liquidator. liquidator has less tongue (almost none) than other channels and this makes it more sensitive to the angle of the rubber on the glass so try holding the handle further and closer to see if any difference. also i find the overall design tends to trap hairs etc more than other channels and sometimes they are very difficult to see but leave lines.

Back