Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ettore master rubber problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Larry joly

Hey lads

I've been trying different squeegee rubbers to see if any are better than unger soft, which is what I've always used. I tried ettore master rubber, seeing how many people love it. But what I've noticed is it leaves rubber burn marks on the glass whenever the squeegee runs over the glass where there's no water. So as I'm fanning, if the squeegee blade is on any glass already cleared of water I get marks from the rubber.

Does anyone else get that? I've used a few lengths of it and the problem is there for all of them. I just can't imagine that's happening for everyone, or else why would they prefer it?

Hey lads

I've been trying different squeegee rubbers to see if any are better than unger soft, which is what I've always used. I tried ettore master rubber, seeing how many people love it. But what I've noticed is it leaves rubber burn marks on the glass whenever the squeegee runs over the glass where there's no water. So as I'm fanning, if the squeegee blade is on any glass already cleared of water I get marks from the rubber.

Does anyone else get that? I've used a few lengths of it and the problem is there for all of them. I just can't imagine that's happening for everyone, or else why would they prefer it?
Never happened to me ! My “Go-to” rubber anyday , its a harder rubber than your Unger soft thoug, might getting some time to adapt to that imo ..

Hey lads

Hey lads

I had similar problems after switching from Unger soft to Unger greeen, which like Ettore master is also a slightly harder rubber. My opinion is if you are using a harder rubber you need to press more lightly on the glass and use a bit more soap than you are used to with a softer rubber. A more shallow fanning technique instead of 'clearing the mountain' n the middle' or 'dive bombing' may also help, therefore not dragging too much dry rubber over the glass. Personally I couldn't be bothered to change my technique and didn't like the amount of soap required so I just stick with Unger soft.

I had similar problems after switching from Unger soft to Unger greeen, which like Ettore master is also a slightly harder rubber. My opinion is if you are using a harder rubber you need to press more lightly on the glass and use a bit more soap than you are used to with a softer rubber. A more shallow fanning technique instead of 'clearing the mountain' n the middle' or 'dive bombing' may also help, therefore not dragging too much dry rubber over the glass. Personally I couldn't be bothered to change my technique and didn't like the amount of soap required so I just stick with Unger soft.
OK, yeah. I was wondering if it was pressure. Thanks for that feedback. Changing my technique is a big ask for a different rubber

OK, yeah. I was wondering if it was pressure. Thanks for that feedback. Changing my technique is a big ask for a different rubber
Go onto youtube and search for 'SteveO rainbow streaks'. I think this is what you are talking about and he gives various reasons as to what causes it.

Latest Posts

Back