Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Extra commission possible?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Geordiejim_76

Hello everyone,

I am a graphic designer based in Essex and I have a client that runs a Reglazing business.  He was wondering if window cleaners local to him would be interested in a commission based referral scheme? Basically, if the windows have blown or look 'foggy' or 'milky' inside, you would refer your customer to my client and then make a cut of the profit.

Is that something that would work in this community?

I would be very interested to know opinions.

Kindest regards,

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a great idea in theory but i'm afraid its a non-starter in practise. I have customers who have failed seals which i have told them about. They don't seem to bother, i think they don't want the hassle and are happy to leave them in place. fwiw 

Hello everyone,

I am a graphic designer based in Essex and I have a client that runs a Reglazing business www.glazingmasters.co.uk.  He was wondering if window cleaners local to him would be interested in a commission based referral scheme? Basically, if the windows have blown or look 'foggy' or 'milky' inside, you would refer your customer to my client and then make a cut of the profit.

Is that something that would work in this community?

I would be very interested to know opinions.

Kindest regards,

Jim
I wouldn't think it would be a reliable business booster to be honest. I'd expect he might get the occasional call through our trade but I wouldn't think there'd be regular enough calls to depend on in any significant way. In my case I only suggest a fitter if asked by the customer. In which case I recommend a local Doctor Glass whose work and pricing I can personally vouch for. Same with being asked to recommend any tradesmen. 

I might be wrong of course and it may well be quite lucrative. Worth a try perhaps. ?

I often point out blown units to customers. If they want them replaced, I give them my mate fat Dave’s number.

He owns Vision windows in Sidcup, so gives me a little drink out of it.

I’ve mentioned about using your customer base to good effect. 

I get work for my mate Perry (Pel Roofing)

My mate Paul (Highfield Landscapes)

My mate little John (Brickie)

My mate Rob (Whites Decorating).

This is money for nothing as Dire Straights sung. Can’t believe everyone doesn’t do it ?

I personally wouldn't recommended anyone I don't know personally, I only recommend someone who I know does a good job or who has done good work for me which I am very happy with, I would never recommend a complete stranger I had never met for the sake of a tenner 

I personally wouldn't recommended anyone I don't know personally, I only recommend someone who I know does a good job or who has done good work for me which I am very happy with, I would never recommend a complete stranger I had never met for the sake of a tenner 
Totally agree. My friend Neil is a plumber. He’s a bit rough and ready if you know what I mean.

I work in quite posh areas and won’t recommend him as I don’t want him to be associated with me.

Totally agree. My friend Neil is a plumber. He’s a bit rough and ready if you know what I mean.

I work in quite posh areas and won’t recommend him as I don’t want him to be associated with me.
Thankfully I have a mate who runs a building alterations business and he can do almost anything, he has renovated almost our whole house and is well turned out and very trustworthy so it's an easy recommendation, I also know a heating engineer a carpet cleaner and female decorator again both easy recommendations because of the quality of work they have done for us and their reputation. 

What someone considers a bad recommendation for whatever reason will always reflect back on you as it will with a good one, so I am in total agreement with you on this.

I have trusted friends in all trades, sparks, chippys, decorators, etc etc. They are my mates so im always recomending them as they do me.

Latest Posts

Back