Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 man setup Di only

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GSS Window Cleaning

Right currently been using one pump and controller for 2 reels and been fine untill the last few weeks when the temp has been high and expanded the hoses and now we're struggling for a good pressure to rinse off Windows. My plan is too buy another pump and controller and wire it to the big 110amp battery we use. Right my question is ill take the di vessel out the van and connect it to the outside tap to fill my tank up with pure. What would be best to fill the tank up with the outside tap on full or to open it half way and get a slower fill through the di vessel? Or can anyone recommend a better setup for a 2 man di? Thanks Gaz 

If you are running a tap through a di vessel, you do not want it on full pressure unless its a big di vessel. The water needs time to purify and full tap pressure for an 11L vessel is too much. You can check yourself by measuring the tds.

I fill my van tank with tap water then run it through 2 x di vessels then the pumps.

Paul

Warrenpoint Window Cleaning
Warrenpoint Gutter Cleaning

Id recomend DI after pump as mentioned. Too much tap pressure and the vessel cant keep up the speed. I have RO pre pure in my tank and an onboard DI 11 kg. 

That allows me to be able to "move on " if my pure runs out far from home and i can get acces to a tap and a hose .

Cheers I've got a 25litre di vessel and I've just left the tap on a quarter turn. Checked and it's still 000 on the tds meter. Will see how I get on as I've just changed the resin, normally lasts 5-6 weeks. I know what you mean about once the waters ran out you carnt top up :( but Im sick of low pressure when there's 2 off us working. If this don't work out looks like I'll do down buying another di vessel but I don't really want the extra weight in the van. 

Cheers I've got a 25litre di vessel and I've just left the tap on a quarter turn. Checked and it's still 000 on the tds meter. Will see how I get on as I've just changed the resin, normally lasts 5-6 weeks. I know what you mean about once the waters ran out you carnt top up :( but Im sick of low pressure when there's 2 off us working. If this don't work out looks like I'll do down buying another di vessel but I don't really want the extra weight in the van. 

If you can afford the time then a slow fill through di vessel into the van is best. So the water in your tank will be pure direct to pumps and hose reels. You have the di vessel in the van anyway, so leave it in which will allow you to top up via your di vessel en route, although you may have to run water through the di a little faster.

Have you tried connecting the pump up after your di vessel to see whether it will suck water through the di. An empty di will take an eternity to suck water through so you might need to prime it initially. If this works then you could split the hose into 2 pumps after the di vessel and carry on as you do now filling with ordinary tap water.

I've never tried this btw.

It does work spruce I fill tank with tap water have twin di 11 liter hose then splits to two pumps onto two reels but my ppm is only 34 from tap so I can fill up on go from any garden tap

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Latest Posts

Back