Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

White lichen

WCF

Help Support WCF:

KieMan

So today undertook a roof soft wash, quoted job as manual moss removal then apply biocide wash. Scrapped moss then used hypo, then applied Benz biocide. Customer was out all day. Got home happy with results to a phone call from customer saying it looks good but there's still loads of white moss on roof. Tried to exsplain that it's not moss it's lichen and the biocide wash will kill it and nature will work it clean. Could just tell he thought I was trying it on and hasn't yet transferred payment . Next time I will clearly exsplain the difference between moss and lichen

If you go on benzsoftwash..com and sign up to the free pricing guide they send you loads of stuff by email..one of which is a contract which states the nature of roof cleaning and the fact some stuff will still be on there for up to 6 weeks and gradually dissapear

Get the customer to sign it and they can't argue as they have then been informed

Last edited by a moderator:
How well did u rinse the roof between Chems ? And did u use different hoses or wat u do
My main line of business is installing fascia soffits and guttering so we have a very good ally tower. Set up tower applied hypo mix with one back back - rinse roof off with an xhose on fan jet nozzel then applied biocide with other backpack - two 18ft clx with 10 nozzle for black wash and 6 for biocide

That must have taken a while with using a back pack Kieman, and hope you eventually got paid for the job! You have to explain everything about what's on the substrate and how long the different growths will take to remove etc or your always going to get questions asked if there is still noticeable stuff present after your finished cleaning!

Attachments

• BENZ Independent Soft Wash Contractor's Contract.pdf
    93.4 KB · Views: 26
  • BENZ Independent Soft Wash Contractor's Contract-1.pdf
    93.4 KB · Views: 9
Have a look at this contractNot all of it is great but a fair bit to copy for your own contract regarding payment on completion and the job might not be 100% perfect until a while later
Thanks mate very useful, customer payed next day. Exsplain what litchen are and was happy for them to fade with weathering

That must have taken a while with using a back pack Kieman, and hope you eventually got paid for the job! You have to explain everything about what's on the substrate and how long the different growths will take to remove etc or your always going to get questions asked if there is still noticeable stuff present after your finished cleaning!
Didn't really take long about 10 mins to apply - longest part was 30 min dwell time between applications - thankfully after explaining what litchen are he payed that night.

Excellent Kieman, and doing a roof in 10 mins,,must of been a small roof! Are you using only one hypo recipe for roofs or are you determining the strength to coincide with the growth?

So I assume you can apply benz biocide to wet paving etc going to pressure wash my own paving today as its green from over winter months then apply benz .Will I have to keep off paving till it dries fully.

Excellent Kieman, and doing a roof in 10 mins,,must of been a small roof! Are you using only one hypo recipe for roofs or are you determining the strength to coincide with the growth?
It was a terraced house, but had lower levels as well. Don't get me wrong took all day included wire brushing moss off etc but to apply the hypo was 10 mins. I used Benz black wash as new to roof cleaning / soft washing and didn't fancy making my own mix until more experienced. I mix it 4 to 1 in a 20l back back. Did two applications of black wash between rinises then applied biocide. Charge £600 but that included installing a new run of gutter on front of house.

So I assume you can apply benz biocide to wet paving etc going to pressure wash my own paving today as its green from over winter months then apply benz .Will I have to keep off paving till it dries fully.
You can apply it straight after mate as you mix benz biocide with water anyways. Good luck remember it is Easter Sunday haha

Stupidly didn't get a before but can see difference from first application of black wash and second in pics.

Looks good Kieman, you charged a very fair price there considering you removed moss and also fitted a line of guttering. I won't offer moss removal, only remove detritus, algae and lichen and to a max height of 2 storey as I'm a one man band and deem this manageable.

Back