6 days to 6 hrs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by armagh27, Jun 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. armagh27

armagh27 Well-Known Member

Just got a massive kick to the nuts wife has to go into hospital for emergency reconstructive surgery on her shoulder been waiting 4 years will be out of the game of life for 12 to 18 months and my 4 year old son was diagnosed with autism on Monday so I have to put myself down as sole carer so my job has had to take a back seat not sure in today's climate weather client's would wait that long as there's a big gap between 6 days work a week and only 6 hours also my favourite cousin who would help me out in times of need is going to OZ in 3 weeks and my bro in law who was out of work for 7 years has **** me not just got a job and to top it all of kids finish school over here in 5 days if poss can anyone beat that for a shite week lol.......

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

again I want to put winner but cant really..

that is a lot of :turd::turd::turd: to land on anyone..

people often say why havent I as much work but I was out of the game with my anorexic daughter for ages ...I forgot all those bloody meetings and visits...days lost...

I hope you can recover armagh27 try and see if you can get some helper to keep your business going...but...

life comes first ...just hope you get through to the other side soon..:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Oh man that is a real kick in the nuts mate. Life sucks sometimes but keep strong. First point of call is apply for 'carers allowance'

I've read so many posts on here about people with kids who have autism or special needs. I've also seen lots of posts on the other forum where windys have kids with additional needs.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. armagh27

Thx cheerful.

5. armagh27

On it like a car bonnet lol cheers tuffers.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

You may even be able to claim 'disability living allowance' for both of them too. Also look into 'incapacity benefit' for your wife.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. cheapncheerful

keep us posted hopefully it will work out in the end...:D

one thing I love about this forum is hearing other peoples problems as it makes me think how lucky I am....

and hope wifey comes out okay..

that brings back my four months of hell...

I had to do everything from walk the dogs get the kids ready cook carry her upstairs to the toilet...

cant tell you how she shattered her knee...

oh suppose I can..

she had gone to feed the dog ...and guess who she fell over...:D

8. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

After reading your thread armagh27 , puts life into perspective , hope every thing works out for you , and your family , can you not employ someone .

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Sorry to hear all that mate, your doing the right thing by looking after the family, don't worry about work for now, perhaps just let the dust settle and get into a routine beifre you think about it too much...

Hope your wife has a quick recovery, and I'm sure you'll do a good job looking after your son!

If your really stuck, then maybe sell some work it sub it out to antiher local windie, but for now I'd conventrate on your fam...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Yeah subbing would give you an income albeit smaller than you are used to and then keeping the customer base for when you can get back on it

Hope it sorts itself out soon mate

I have also noticed how many of us have autism etc in the family
    My son is aspergers but a lot better as he gets older
    Just means he has social issues and is a computer genius
    But it is linked to autism (on the same spectrum ) so i can sympathise with you mate

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement