8mm vs 6mm main hose

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Feb 11, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Which are you using and why?

Pros? Cons? Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

6mm.
    Pro- it was a bit cheaper
    Con- the yellow plastic coating seems really soft and has worn away in a few places.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Poles Apart

I'm using 5mm Tel and have been for 8 months it's Sureclean high pressure went out and tried microbore again last week couldn't stand it with all the snagging and tangling I am backpack only and couldn't stand lugging it about I'm shortly gonna be attaching a reel to a trolley with 30 metres of this.

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Cheers poles. Was more looking for info from lads with 100 meters on reels used daily as deciding what to put on my new reel. But thanks. Now I know what to put in my backpack :)

5. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I have 2 x 100m reels. I with 8mm, the other with 6mm. The 6mm doesn't feed water as quickly, so you need to run your pump at a higher setting to get the same volume of water at the brush.

No other difference between them, same reels same pumps, fittings etc.

I won't be buying 6mm again any time soon, and will probably replace the one I have with 8mm.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Poles Apart

I'm getting loads of flow with 5 mill from a V3 backpack however I have used both 8mm and 6mm when I was briefly working with a reel found the 8mm heavy

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Why are you favoring 8mm WWC ?

Is it just a personal preference?

8. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

I have 30mm microbore. 30 mm of pole hose, I have used this for a year on my trolley, think it's quite a good combo when it's a mobile system, as the microbore is pretty heavy to haul about n reel up on a trolley,but that's me,. Have used same pump for two years.
    Saw that gardiners have a reinforced hose 5mm.
    Think if maufacturers made a in between size it would be popular.

9. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

i have only used 8mm on my reel. poles is right 100mtrs of 8mm is heavy when full of water. In fact after some measuring on my round I was able to cut down to about 60mtrs on my reels which helps with weight as I'm lifting the reel in and out of van all day. If your fixing the reel in the back of the van this is not an issue.

WWC comment on flows is an interesting one, not something i had thought about before, but maybe I'll reconsider weather to respool with 6 or 8mm now.

10. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

I'm stupid, ignore my previous comment, got a stinky cold today. I like the idea of 6mm, think that would be better for trolley systems just for its lightnest.

Advertisement