Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advertising Signs?!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Herm

I've recently done a few houses on one big new housing estate which I have soft washed and they came up lovely. People also ask the neighbours all ask who do it etc as they are interested in having theirs done. I have dropped leaflets around the whole estate prior but seems they must go straight in the bin, anyway I was thinking about getting some signs made to leave up after the job has been completed? So couple questions 1) do any of you do this? and 2) if so, what sort of signs are you using?

Thanks Tom

I've recently done a few houses on one big new housing estate which I have soft washed and they came up lovely. People also ask the neighbours all ask who do it etc as they are interested in having theirs done. I have dropped leaflets around the whole estate prior but seems they must go straight in the bin, anyway I was thinking about getting some signs made to leave up after the job has been completed? So couple questions 1) do any of you do this? and 2) if so, what sort of signs are you using?

Thanks Tom
I’ve started to leave signs after big cleans recently, correx ones they are cheap enough ?

Thanks Tom
No we don’t but I do think it’s a good idea we do however get a lot of walk ups whilst doing softwash jobs or ones phone later saying they saw us doing it . We also get a lot of friends and family of jobs that we have done call us as they are impressed with the results so all theses things generate more work .

I made up big sandwich boards and paid £200 for 4 big signs to screw on them. It was when I started PW and it was good advertising on the pavement when I was PW the driveway. Now they are in my mum's shed because I'm too busy window cleaning now. Cheap ones that you fix to a wooden pole and leave in the garden would be the way forward but you might get too busy.

No we don’t but I do think it’s a good idea we do however get a lot of walk ups whilst doing softwash jobs or ones phone later saying they saw us doing it . We also get a lot of friends and family of jobs that we have done call us as they are impressed with the results so all theses things generate more work .

Yeah , amazing how many walk ups we get once we start and they see the transformation.

Thanks Tom
I had a reasonably big gutter empty, and gsf clean to do this afternoon on a little estate of about 6 bungalows - this one was only one with dormers. I know a couple have recently moved in so I thought I was going to be there a few hrs today so I would drop my 'normal' leaflet (window cleaning, Gutter empty, GSF cleaning) to the other 5 before I started.
Low and behold during my work 2 of the neighbours asked for quotes. I finished and gave them both quotes, 1 was there and said she would contact me in spring (so a maybe), the other was going out so I dropped my quote. Arrived home and the booked in.

So if you are going to be parked outside a property for a decent amount of time it's worth dropping a few leaflets before you start work. Might be worth having a 'special' leaflet - I cleaned one of your neighbours property today would you like a quote? Maybe even mention the house number - I don't think that is against GDPR.

I use one. There’s a load of companies online that make them for not much money and provide you with the software to do your initial layout and upload photos and logos etc. I had an aluminium faced one made for longevity and then mounted it on suitably protected ply with a hinged stand like a photo frame. Looks very smart. I only use it while working. Not sure how effective it is to be honest as I also have my van patked outside and most people these days just photograph that as it has website and phone numbers etc on. For the money it can’t hurt to give it a go.

I use one. There’s a load of companies online that make them for not much money and provide you with the software to do your initial layout and upload photos and logos etc. I had an aluminium faced one made for longevity and then mounted it on suitably protected ply with a hinged stand like a photo frame. Looks very smart. I only use it while working. Not sure how effective it is to be honest as I also have my van patked outside and most people these days just photograph that as it has website and phone numbers etc on. For the money it can’t hurt to give it a go.
Its okay if you don't have a full round. I am up to 14 days a month just cleaning windows and the rest of the month covers all the other stuff. Being a one man band means you can't take too much work on. Its good to know folk and you can direct work their way. I gain a new clean every week now and lose one every month now so that's the reason I stopped all advertising. Last week I picked up a £9 & £15 every month next to my regular customers without even trying. We have a lack of window cleaners up here so customers tend to hold on to a regular cleaner even if they are a tad dearer. fwiw

Its okay if you don't have a full round. I am up to 14 days a month just cleaning windows and the rest of the month covers all the other stuff. Being a one man band means you can't take too much work on. Its good to know folk and you can direct work their way. I gain a new clean every week now and lose one every month now so that's the reason I stopped all advertising. Last week I picked up a £9 & £15 every month next to my regular customers without even trying. We have a lack of window cleaners up here so customers tend to hold on to a regular cleaner even if they are a tad dearer. fwiw

To be honest I did it as much for a professional looking set-up and curiosity as much as anything else. It’s a tiny part of my work but I really enjoy it and would find time for new jobs if it falls in my lap. One man band like you and currently booking main projects for May 2024 so ‘spare’ time for pressure washing is in short supply. If I had more of it and wanted to build it I’d take someone on but don’t think it’s worth the expense of a second van etc, not least as round my way thanks to ULEZ cheap second hand compliant vans are non-existent and I wouldn’t want someone turning up representing me in some clapped out piece of ****.

To be honest I did it as much for a professional looking set-up and curiosity as much as anything else. It’s a tiny part of my work but I really enjoy it and would find time for new jobs if it falls in my lap. One man band like you and currently booking main projects for May 2024 so ‘spare’ time for pressure washing is in short supply. If I had more of it and wanted to build it I’d take someone on but don’t think it’s worth the expense of a second van etc, not least as round my way thanks to ULEZ cheap second hand compliant vans are non-existent and I wouldn’t want someone turning up representing me in some clapped out piece of ****.
I think we are in same mindset with variety. You need something in this game to break up the monotonous windy cleaning day in day out. You only need to look at some guys on here who resemble grumpy old men because they refuse to change. I reckon I could build a 4 week round and make a ton of money but even the thought makes me sick. When you wake up and look forward to a PVC clean, roof spray, PW or Softwashing then it puts a spring in our step. We then realise the sooner we start then the sooner we finish and get more money than a day's windy cleaning then its a win win situation. I have a few gutter clears and a letterbox to fit on Monday so looking forward to it believe it or not. ?

I think we are in same mindset with variety. You need something in this game to break up the monotonous windy cleaning day in day out. You only need to look at some guys on here who resemble grumpy old men because they refuse to change. I reckon I could build a 4 week round and make a ton of money but even the thought makes me sick. When you wake up and look forward to a PVC clean, roof spray, PW or Softwashing then it puts a spring in our step. We then realise the sooner we start then the sooner we finish and get more money than a day's windy cleaning then its a win win situation. I have a few gutter clears and a letterbox to fit on Monday so looking forward to it believe it or not. ?
Variety is the spice of life I agree but you can’t predict your earnings with one off add on jobs regular window cleaning gives you a predictable income especially important if you employ , but I agree a variety of one off jobs is more appealing than cleaning the same Windows every 4 weeks

Variety is the spice of life I agree but you can’t predict your earnings with one off add on jobs regular window cleaning gives you a predictable income especially important if you employ , but I agree a variety of one off jobs is more appealing than cleaning the same Windows every 4 weeks
I failed to realise that I'm in a different situation with the Fire Brigade pension and little outgoings. My biggest expense will be a new van when I eventually get it. I suppose one would be okay if the wife had a good job but a regular income is good for stability. I just don't know how folk could clean windows 5 days a week for nearly 8 hours. Up here some companies try it and just continue to go through staff like no tomorrow.

I failed to realise that I'm in a different situation with the Fire Brigade pension and little outgoings. My biggest expense will be a new van when I eventually get it. I suppose one would be okay if the wife had a good job but a regular income is good for stability. I just don't know how folk could clean windows 5 days a week for nearly 8 hours. Up here some companies try it and just continue to go through staff like no tomorrow.
Lol been cleaning windows for 24 years ???

Same way some people stay in the same low-paid monotonous job all their lives. Some people just prefer the lack of responsibility and accept a lower income for the security and lack of stress that comes with it. Each to their own.

Latest Posts

Back