Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First month down - Update -

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley1337

So I started exactly 1 month ago today, (just did my first day of regulars, no nightmare first cleans lol)
I've managed to rack up 46 regular customers, 44 of which are signed up with GoCardless and 2 which are cash, I did tell myself I wouldn't take cash, but these are oldies who never leave the house and don't even have internet to set up a direct debit lol. (Even done around 5 one off's)

My first week i did around 3000 leaflets (not done any since just with being bust with both jobs and I suppose a little bit lazy, which I have noticed a slower gain of customers from this).

Second week I did a Facebook advert which seemed to work great, but not done another yet as I wanted to really make a good one which I can leave running for a month or so.

I've changed my van setup a couple of times to make everything quicker, which has helped a lot, and one night after work getting a friend to help me build a bit of shelving to make it better again.

First cleans are still taking a hour or so on some houses, with them being either big or bad, but I've started more for the first clean which nobody yet has said no to so that's great.

Just wanted to give an update to anyone who cares or likes to read lol, and thanks to everyone on here who's given me the advice i've been asking for again and again!

How much revenue did you bring in from those 46 customers and which outlet was the best to gain customers?
I didn't really keep track tbh, I just put all money I made into the savings account I took it out of to buy stuff until It was replaced.

Initially I got them from leaflets, but I've also found that local Facebook group work well with a straight to the point message saying I'm wanting regular customers etc and a few nice photos.

I also add that I've got a DBS check and insurance, and I've had many customers mention to me that they like that so maybe that's something good to add on.

Haha I suppose not everyone will pass...

I've always had them with different jobs, and just got a school job where I needed one anyways
I got one done around 15 years ago for a school they had no issues with what was on there the headteacher said some of teachers had worse things ?

Someone could ask to veiw mine if I had one done and advertised I was dbs checked, what I did wasn't too bad but I don't need to be judge today on mistakes I made around 30 years ago

I got one done around 15 years ago for a school they had no issues with what was on there the headteacher said some of teachers had worse things ?

Someone could ask to veiw mine if I had one done and advertised I was dbs checked, what I did wasn't too bad but I don't need to be judge today on mistakes I made around 30 years ago
Yeah, tbh nobody asks to see it but they like I have one haha ?

Latest Posts

Back