Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Poor experience from PureFreedom today...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JohnDoeWindows

Just thought I'd share this as I've always used PureFreedom for everything including my system as I am Grimsby based so it's very handy. Never had any problems, but I've heard bad things since they were taken over by WCW (as WCW has a terrible reputation also).

I was caught short a little today when I snapped my ova-8 pole, don't get me wrong the pole doesn't owe me anything and it was well due replacing anyway. Contacted PureFreedom and enquired about another pole, they had 0 carbon poles due to the black Friday sales which is understandable so I opted for the hybrid Phantom pole for now, just for a week or two until I buy another carbon pole. Again, no issues there.

The issue arose when I went into buy the pole, after being advised on the phone it would be easier to do so in store as opposed to on the website. Disorganised chaos is the only adjective I can use to describe what was going on there, I told them what I wanted and that I wanted a univalve fitted so I could go straight out to work with the pole.

It took them 45 minutes to fit the univalve to the pole and I watched them scurry around it, 4 staff members and a long wait later - the pole was ready, so I paid and left for work.

My first job was about 25 minutes away, I got out to put the pole to work only to discover that the univalve wasn't working and there was a giant hole in the pole hose which was spraying everywhere. Maybe I should have checked the pole prior to leaving, but I'd of hoped they would have done so also.

So I returned to PureFreedom and after a further 45 minutes of waiting (again), they fit a new univalve and pole hose so it was able to work. I stood in the waiting area waiting to be served for 10 minutes prior to this while they all stood at the back door smoking, bearing in mind I had phoned to let them know the situation and that I was on my way 5 minutes prior.

Maybe im being pedantic but I just thought I'd share this for those curious about how PF has changed since being taken over

Just thought I'd share this as I've always used PureFreedom for everything including my system as I am Grimsby based so it's very handy. Never had any problems, but I've heard bad things since they were taken over by WCW (as WCW has a terrible reputation also).

I was caught short a little today when I snapped my ova-8 pole, don't get me wrong the pole doesn't owe me anything and it was well due replacing anyway. Contacted PureFreedom and enquired about another pole, they had 0 carbon poles due to the black Friday sales which is understandable so I opted for the hybrid Phantom pole for now, just for a week or two until I buy another carbon pole. Again, no issues there.

The issue arose when I went into buy the pole, after being advised on the phone it would be easier to do so in store as opposed to on the website. Disorganised chaos is the only adjective I can use to describe what was going on there, I told them what I wanted and that I wanted a univalve fitted so I could go straight out to work with the pole.

It took them 45 minutes to fit the univalve to the pole and I watched them scurry around it, 4 staff members and a long wait later - the pole was ready, so I paid and left for work.

My first job was about 25 minutes away, I got out to put the pole to work only to discover that the univalve wasn't working and there was a giant hole in the pole hose which was spraying everywhere. Maybe I should have checked the pole prior to leaving, but I'd of hoped they would have done so also.

So I returned to PureFreedom and after a further 45 minutes of waiting (again), they fit a new univalve and pole hose so it was able to work. I stood in the waiting area waiting to be served for 10 minutes prior to this while they all stood at the back door smoking, bearing in mind I had phoned to let them know the situation and that I was on my way 5 minutes prior.

Maybe im being pedantic but I just thought I'd share this for those curious about how PF has changed since being taken over
Sorry to hear this. I dislike bad customer service.

If you can, try and build up a supply of spares. I've tried to do this over the years so I'm never off the glass due to failed parts etc. Two poles, brushes, backpacks, univalves, even both vehicles business insured. It's worked well over the years to minimise down time.

Sorry to hear this. I dislike bad customer service.

If you can, try and build up a supply of spares. I've tried to do this over the years so I'm never off the glass due to failed parts etc. Two poles, brushes, backpacks, univalves, even both vehicles business insured. It's worked well over the years to minimise down time.
I agree should always have spares and a minimum of two poles in the van in case something happens, I might lose 10 minutes at most if something needs but that will be it

I doubt it's got better or worse, when I had my system fitted I was passing the time away as best I could I phoned them to ask how things were going, to be told it wouldn't be too long maybe 45 minutes and they just had to do a few checks, so I walked from the shopping centre stopped off for something to eat on the trading estate and had to sit in the reception for almost an hour,

If I was you I'd have been kicking off in reception and took the pole off them and fitted the univalve myself outside

Sounds like they will be going bust pretty soon. After the take over it could have went either way but it went the WCW way. If I was buying anything from them then I would pay with a credit card. ?

I doubt it's got better or worse, when I had my system fitted I was passing the time away as best I could I phoned them to ask how things were going, to be told it wouldn't be too long maybe 45 minutes and they just had to do a few checks, so I walked from the shopping centre stopped off for something to eat on the trading estate and had to sit in the reception for almost an hour,

If I was you I'd have been kicking off in reception and took the pole off them and fitted the univalve myself outside
Believe me, it was tempting. Don't get me wrong they offer an outstanding service when it comes to their systems - but I think that's the problem, I think there's only one or two guys in there that actually know what they're doing and the rest just run around like headless chickens. I think the only reason I didn't kick off was pure disbelief that it was taking as long as it was and how, as so called industry leaders they struggle to fit a univalve

Sounds like they will be going bust pretty soon. After the take over it could have went either way but it went the WCW way. If I was buying anything from them then I would pay with a credit card. ?
Very small chance of them going bust. I don't use wcw but have pure freedom. If they can keep on to all there old staff or not that's the biggest challenge but unfortunately in my opinion not many other places that are better.

Believe me, it was tempting. Don't get me wrong they offer an outstanding service when it comes to their systems - but I think that's the problem, I think there's only one or two guys in there that actually know what they're doing and the rest just run around like headless chickens. I think the only reason I didn't kick off was pure disbelief that it was taking as long as it was and how, as so called industry leaders they struggle to fit a univalve
Probably no different to going to Screwfix and asking them advice on something you are wanting to buy and they just go on the computer and read the description ?

Very small chance of them going bust. I don't use wcw but have pure freedom. If they can keep on to all there old staff or not that's the biggest challenge but unfortunately in my opinion not many other places that are better.
So the clown that defends the doggiest supplier of WFP equipment, who waited months to get stuff he paid up front for, when knowing they had numerous CCJ's against them, now claims he'd use a credit card to buy from a far more reputable supplier. You really couldn't make it up.

Their service has definitely gone to pot since WCW bought them out. I've bought a fair bit over the years and never had an issue. Bought a booster pump last week for £120. It arrived damaged. Emailed twice with no response. I don't like phoning as you have no paper trail but I'm going to have to phone to chase it. Very poor service to not respond to 2 emails though. I won't use them ever again. Used to use WCW a lot until their service went to the dogs after COVID. Looks like since the buyout PF have gone the same.

Their service has definitely gone to pot since WCW bought them out. I've bought a fair bit over the years and never had an issue. Bought a booster pump last week for £120. It arrived damaged. Emailed twice with no response. I don't like phoning as you have no paper trail but I'm going to have to phone to chase it. Very poor service to not respond to 2 emails though. I won't use them ever again. Used to use WCW a lot until their service went to the dogs after COVID. Looks like since the buyout PF have gone the same.
If it's the aquatec booster pump for a small R/O they run at around 100psi or above which is too high for the membranes which have a lower operating pressure than 100psi I believe

Yes the aquatec booster. I've actually already got one installed, had it on 2 years and it's never affected the membranes. Been running at 000 out of the membranes (before resin) for over a year. It just went caput recently so I ordered a new one. PF actually send them out installed on their systems if you buy one with a booster.

If it's the aquatec booster pump for a small R/O they run at around 100psi or above which is too high for the membranes which have a lower operating pressure than 100psi I believe
Most membranes are designed to work at 100 psi or more , higher pressure = better efficiency, mine ( 40/20 membranes ) are boosted to about 140-150 psi and work brilliantly.

Latest Posts

Back