Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Friggin cold weather again

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What’s the big deal with heated seats? I don’t spend long enough in my van to benefit from them unless I could work out a way of cleaning windows whilst still sat in my van? This might not be much help to the op but when I was younger my old boss used to say to me on cold days that if your cold your not workin hard enough? A few runs up and down the ladder and scrog the hell out of a few leadeds and you would be set up for the day.

I've never ever regretted getting a diesel hot water system.yes it was expensive but my work days are just much more pleasant all year round....its 6 years old now used day in,day out.??
As I said before, I copied all the windies who were saying they were doing well. One windy in particular who had been going for a few decades. They could have been telling porkies but I now know what they said was true. Okay it costs a few bob a day to run but its times like these that you will fully appreciate it. You will only make the non hot jealous and receive a wave of abuse so better not to mention it. ??? I have electric socks now.

Hi only just come across this topic so may be too late. In my trad days like you I got my hands wet and numb to the point of hurting. I wore at 1st just those red pvc rubber workmen gloves you can buy anywhere I think they cost about £2 I had the normal short & a long pair but did not use the long ones much. Since they were not lined my hands were dry but frigging freezing. I then purchased a couple of pairs of those white gloves they use at museums to handle artifacts. I made the mistake of buying cheap fleebay ones to start with but they were useless. I ended up buying the proper ones from a artifact restoration site or something like that and again were not expensive. Having the cotton gloves on 1st then the rubber gloves on top my hands never got cold. The only problem for me was when I wanted to use my dry scrim I pulled the wet rubber gloves off which also pulled the cotton gloves off which was a pain.
I got a fish pond and when I come to clean pump putting my arms in the freezing water made my arms hurt with the cold. I purchased a pair of long pond gloves for around £9. They went from my hands upto my shoulder and had elastic at top to stop them falling down. Again they were a big size so combined with thin cotton gloves they were perfect. may be somethinmg to look at as I suspect sometimes water runs down the pole and can go up your arm.

I've never ever regretted getting a diesel hot water system.yes it was expensive but my work days are just much more pleasant all year round....its 6 years old now used day in,day out.??
Far too many Shandy drinking and Irn Bru Northerners on here you need to man the feck up, hot water, heated seats, heated socks and gloves ? absolute disgrace to the North Middleland race?

Far too many Shandy drinking and Irn Bru Northerners on here you need to man the feck up, hot water, heated seats, heated socks and gloves ? absolute disgrace to the North Middleland race?
Wore those heated socks today and had them at half setting in my wellington boots, amazing. Perfect for windy cleaning at this time of year or down at the allotment. ?

I've been working outside for 36 years.i prefer to make it as comfortable as possible these days....I also don't drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes anymore....?

I draw the line at heated gloves and socks though!??

I've been working outside for 36 years.i prefer to make it as comfortable as possible these days....I also don't drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes anymore....?

I draw the line at heated gloves and socks though!??
No alcohol!!
Couldn’t live like that lol
The reason I grow stuff on my allotment is to make booze with it
Making a homemade still soon when I can find a decent pot for the mash
Probably an old beer keg

Bought those £40 electric socks and they are great but like electric cars don't last what they say. They say the battery will last 8 to 14hrs but I only got 5hrs at half heat. Don't think one would need to set at full heat unless you had bad circulation but in the end a game changer when wearing rubber boots. ?

No alcohol!!
Couldn’t live like that lol
The reason I grow stuff on my allotment is to make booze with it
Making a homemade still soon when I can find a decent pot for the mash
Probably an old beer keg
Alcohol just doesn't fit in with working out in the gym 3 days a week esp at 52 years of age....
Ironically I really enjoy Xmas now im sober,I can drive home when I've had enough at an Xmas party and I don't have to suffer the awful hangovers and trouble that Alcohol always caused me!??

Alcohol just doesn't fit in with working out in the gym 3 days a week esp at 52 years of age....
Ironically I really enjoy Xmas now im sober,I can drive home when I've had enough at a Xmas party and I don't have to suffer the awful hangovers and trouble that Alcohol always caused me!??
Each to their own.
It’s not just the alcohol itself, but the social life that goes with it I love.
I still get excited meeting my Millwall mates Saturday morning at home games.
I still get exited going over my local where everyone knows each other.
I still get excited going to ska/skinhead reunions.
All of these are better when you’re sinking a few pints and getting a nice buzz which helps loosen you up.
Those who come out with the old cliche of ‘I don’t need alcohol to enjoy myself’ are completely missing the point in my opinion. When you’re with close friends and a few pints are sunk, people tend to loosen up.
But different strokes for different folks and all that ???

Back