Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dog Bite - Advice Required Pls

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Most dog bites are healed within 14 days, i know 3 people this has happened to and all 3 were at there work the next day.

With all your medical knowledge and GP contacts you should know differently they very often get infected and take many months or up to a year to fully heal , it’s a type of bacteria they and cats produce that with a puncture wound provides the perfect breeding ground for the bacteria to rapidly multiply.

read somewhere that a human bite is the abso worst for infection. iv been damn lucky was bitten on my nose and hand by same dog it didnt get infected. My poor old dad nearly lost his upper lip from a dog bite i took him to hosp they stitched it back on, there and then.
Nephew was bitten while on holiday in the States now he got infected ended up in a hospital there.The dog was called Briar apparently the norm in the States is the dog is immediately put to sleep after biting, but i understand that dog was not

Last edited:
With all your medical knowledge and GP contacts you should know differently they very often get infected and take many months or up to a year to fully heal , it’s a type of bacteria they and cats produce that with a puncture wound provides the perfect breeding ground for the bacteria to rapidly multiply.

All that morris dancing makes you lot to soft down there, people break legs up here and take 2 Aladdin and get on with it.

Dear Everyone, Just after some advice please. Whilst popping a receipt through a customers letterbox, I was bitten by their dog. Yes it hurt, yes it was a shock. Advised owners, let me in to wash it, they were surprised and apologetic. Went to A&E as it was a nasty wound to the middle finger of my right, prominent, hand. That was four weeks ago and still not healed. been to hospital a total of three times, twice to plastics. It's healing and I can now work. Originally lost out on c.14 days work. It was a collie and the owners are local and lovely but I feel I need to look to recoup some lost earning etc. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this. Anything similar happened to anyone? I have actually updated the owners and asked for there insurance details. Trying to keep it amicable, but also feel I don't want to just let it go. Thanks in advance.

Dear Everyone, Just after some advice please. Whilst popping a receipt through a customers letterbox, I was bitten by their dog. Yes it hurt, yes it was a shock. Advised owners, let me in to wash it, they were surprised and apologetic. Went to A&E as it was a nasty wound to the middle finger of my right, prominent, hand. That was four weeks ago and still not healed. been to hospital a total of three times, twice to plastics. It's healing and I can now work. Originally lost out on c.14 days work. It was a collie and the owners are local and lovely but I feel I need to look to recoup some lost earning etc. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this. Anything similar happened to anyone? I have actually updated the owners and asked for there insurance details. Trying to keep it amicable, but also feel I don't want to just let it go. Thanks in advance.
I would put it down to experience! Learn from it and move on. These things happen, it's not the fault of the dog owner. Let's not go down the American route, it'll be a terrible error of judgement if you do!