a womans job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by simon, Mar 14, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. simon

simon Guru

just been to collect from a 1st clean i did on monday & the hubby came out & paid no problem but said ' i refuse to pay for my windows to be cleaned so thanks but dont come again'
    when i canvassed it his misses said ' oh yes please they've not had a proper clean for years & i'm getting too old to hang out of the windows now' so she obviously never told him, so i guess she'll be hanging out of her 2nd floor windows now. thing is driving past it jumped out at you as the only clean 1 in the row lol
    its a £12 house but i got £20 for the first clean so no wasted effort really
    ;)

Advertisement
  2. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

I get a few awkward people round here like that it tends to be the bigger and better the house the tighter the people are that live in it. I love my little 6-7 pound terrace houses good little earner and brilliant down to earth people that live in them, only problem that ive started noticing now the weather is warmer they all stand on the front talking and feed you with tea all day so dont seem to get as much work done as i like, but cant have it all lol

3. simon

simon Guru

yeh but thats the joy of being self employed you can stop & have the crack. on my old estate ive got £140 of work & it takes the best part of 2 days because of talking & brews, but the place is like shameless so theres always a new story to catch up with

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Lol shamless every estate has a Frank

5. James

James Guru

Lol agreed Paul!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1nzzt5

6. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I was cleaning windows on this street one day ages ago when a woman came over and asked me for a quote. I went over and had a look, the windows were filthy, but as i walked round the conservatory with her, i noticed a bloke sitting inside watching the tv. Upon seeing me, he jumped up with a face like thunder, came storming out and said to the woman;

"who the f**k is he? (me), and what the f**k is he doing in my garden?"!.

I was absolutely gobsmacked and didnt know where to look, coudnt believe he would speak to, who i assume was his wife, like that under any circumstances, never mind in front of me. I felt really sorry for her, as she was very nice and friendly!. Needless to say, the clean never happened!.

7. James

James Guru

I couldn't even imagine being in that situation :/ glad the clean never happend!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qkwxtc

8. chip

chip Guru

i bet she wishes the wedding never happened!

Advertisement