aaaaahhhhhhhh knackered hose!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by keir, Mar 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

Having a belting day in the sunshine all the birds are tweeting the radio playing top tunes then a bin wagon comes along and runs over my hose, usually no biggy but my hose has been on its last legs for months now and been repaired so this bin wagon was the final nail in the coffin.......it has split in about 3 places so no chance of repairing it and carrying on..
    Sat outside outreach now waiting for my man to get here and get a fresh hose.

Advertisement
  2. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Bin wagons would be a killer with their weight + tyre tread blocks :sad:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry to hear that @tuffer...I try to avoid trialing hoses across roads myself.

4. keir

keir Guru

Never any issue's normally, the thing is i had finished one area as the wagon came round......packed up and moved round the corner, set up and it was like a fountain lol.

5. keir

keir Guru

On the estate i mainly work on i dont have a choice, plus i run it in the gutter and keep it off the paths for trip hazard reasons, not that there's a high volume of either road traffic or foot traffic but a hose in good condition can take a few cars etc no probs

I'll get a photo if i can of the section of hose........it is completely goosed even before the wagon went over it, the slice in the yellow sheathing must be up to 1 meter long but i have loads of them like that!!?, from my early days and writhing the hose round corners lol

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Could you not use the other end of the hose Tuffers by refiting it the other way aroud if you have a 100m hose as thet part should be hardly used?

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry keir for some strange reason I thought you were tuffers as just quickly looked at the motor bike pic as your avitar. Oops! must be me age:D

8. keir

keir Guru

H
    hahaha i wandered why you where calling me tuffers lol you ol' bugger

As for swapping ends of hose, i took your advice the other month and did that lol, i lost 10 metres in the process as it was so badly damaged.
    I had to splice the hose and put a joint in.......which i am so glad to see the back of, it was a nightmare for catching on raised flags or corners of steps and walls and fences and.......basically anything and everything

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

You silly old sod :D:alien:

10. cheapncheerful

**** happens....its all right my daughter phoned me half way through a job to tell me she had just crashed her car.....it was a lovely day....god knows how she did it ...and how she didnt hit anything or crash into something else....all right at the end, as she is okay....as for the car ...i canna move the bugger....its just 100 yards from the house but the front wheel is jammed....life is what happens to you whilst your busy making other plans ...thanks john lennon...

Advertisement