Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Adding gutter cleaning to window cleaning business - separate declaration required to HMRC?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Does anyone have any idea how much scope the business description can cover? For instance, Window cleaning and gutter cleaning are similar and can be grouped together as cleaning. But can I change my description next year to "Window cleaning services and manufacturing and sales of Window cleaning equipment"? Or is that not allowed? 
If two trades are "similar", you can group them together. Being "related" is not necessarily enough to justify grouping them together. If you were determined to treat it as one trade (and there are a few reasons that I wouldn't) then it would be best to seek confirmation from HMRC or an officially engaged accountant - so you've got someone to blame or sue if HMRC come after you later. ?

Your an accountant but u do window cleaning? ?
Yes indeedy! Formerly a fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, and I've been a manager at two firms of Chartered accountants as well as FD of three decent-sized companies. 

Accountancy went a bit pear shaped when I had a breakdown, called a client a c u next Tuesday, lost my job and my home and ended up single,  living in a 12 year old Audi A4.

It wasn't even an estate. It was an A4 saloon.

I still do some business advisory work but much prefer being out and about and not hanging around in an office full of other accountants. ?

Back