advice needed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by bluemonkey, Apr 30, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i dont really like cleaning windows, bores me, i prefer knocking and dealing with all the other Swear word!, so am thinking, i got a nice little round that generates about 1800 for about 16 days a week, working 9-3 ish at most,

am thnking of taking some one on full time 30 hours a week at £6.50 a hour ie mon - fri 9-3 as this will allow me to spend more time knocking, getting more commercial, and sort out invoices, thinking of doing this and only working part time when needed, and move the business forward

what do you guys think, any tips?

Advertisement
  2. Podrikk007

Podrikk007 Well-Known Member

I think, well I wish, my week had 16 days in it. I might catch up then, haha

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cgsgc5

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

16 days a week? U must be busy lol..

Window cleaning is boring, but need to pay the bills. One thing I would say make sure you get someone who appreciates the job, who will respect that's it's your business and that will be committed to delivering a quality service.. Letting him work away could maybe lose you work if the job isn't satisfactory, or he would try and edge his way into your work.. ( I'd say hire someone you don't know, friends you will end up fighting with )

Good idea and could work.. Then hire 2 people and so on..

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i can cram all my work in to 2 weeks (10 days) if i can be bothered, but have been doing this for 3 years now and to be honest i am ready to walk away from it all, as it bores me that bad,

regard paying the bills, i can afford to live on what my wife earns, and tax credits, as cleared all our bils when we moved 3 years ae go

i am getting to the point where i would rather work in a warehouse for 40 hours a week and not be this bored

5. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

To be honest I think you would be more bored working 40hrs p/w in a factory! I would anyway.

If you can live off wifes wage, then you're still gonna make £1000 p/m of your worker, then sounds like a no-brainer to me, go for it.

If you're that fed up then give it a try. If it doesn't work out after a year say, then sell the round.

6. mark m

mark m Hero

Have you got lots of money in the bank ,have loads of holidays, a big house, got a good pension if not keep getting bored until you have got all the above you are not going to earn as much working 40 hours a day in a factory

7. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

if your wife earns enough just get someone to work with pay them about 7-8 an hour just make sure its someone you get on with and have a laugh with i was in one really **** job for nearly 18 month but the lad i use to work with was a great laugh got on well so didnt matter he left then a month later i ended up leaving as i remembered how **** the job was

8. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

think i am going to employ someone who i get a long with,

9. Paul

Paul Guest

How can you enjoy canvassing I hate it, good luck with whatever you decide mate hope it all goes well

10. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i just do, find it very easy, its the act of cleaning windows that bores me lol

Advertisement