Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Paying canvassers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Elliott randall

Hi guys. My business is expanding now to the point where I want to start hiring a team of canvassers to knock doors for me and generate new leads while I continue cleaning my regular customers and making money as i don’t have enough time to do it myself. Does anyone else have any history with paying canvassers? And do you think it’s a good idea…? I want to try a 2 week trial and see how it goes but I feel pretty confident about it. They have to knock doors tho I don’t want them just posting leaflets through doors.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

If you're that busy that you haven't got the time to knock 50 doors a day then how are you going to clean the windows of any new customers the canvassers might get you?
All the time I spend cleaning I’m not knocking or growing the business. So I was thinking paying a team to canvass for me while I keep cleaning and staying on top of the regular. Then pay someone else to clean for me also

If you're that busy that you haven't got the time to knock 50 doors a day then how are you going to clean the windows of any new customers the canvassers might get you?
Yes I could potentially knock 50 houses a day but surely having a team canvas during the days I’m out would be more effective..

You are wasting your money I canvass on Saturday morning and is very successful for me, once a month and I have signed up to Bark.com for window cleaning only and again is very successful do not waste your time with canvassers they don't care about your potential customers

Personally I wouldn't want other people quoting for me when you can't be sure what they're agreeing to, and are they making promises you can't or won't keep?
My view is it's better to invest in a website so customers contact you direct and you then arrange a convenient time to go and look at the job. It's also the gift that keeps on giving as it should be a continual source of new enquiries on an ongoing basis.

Paying anyone to do anything is never going to be as good as doing it yourself. I dont care what it is no one is going to care as much as you. Whether thats paying a canvasser, a leafletter or someone to do your books or clean windows. But delegating is the only way to grow and something you either have to get over or forget it and stay solo in which case you would be better off canvassing yourself.

Latest Posts

Back