Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice please on Conservatory roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

renishawphil

Hello first of all i am not a window cleaner but looking for some help

We have a conservatory with a glass roof which because the Conservatory is built up and the ground is a lot lower makes the roof very high and hard to reach(although we do manage with extendable pole, soft brush and angled head)

But id like to make my life a bit easier and i worked out if i could make an extension to the cleaning arm then it would cleaning the roof a lot easier and  I wouldn't have an issue with hitting the gutter etc

I use this https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/products/unger-angle-joint-nylon# and then attach the brush , however id like (somehow) to extend from the joint to the brush head, this would make the end of the pole site higher and make it easier to clean

If this makes sense to the experts on here how can i go about it, ive not seen anything else that cant help me with this roof

thank you in advance.

If your only just hitting gutter, then raise yourself up, on steps.

Some other solutions may be a bit pricey.

1. You can get a longer moerman dr angle which could be a bit better.

2. A water fed pole brush can be purchased with longer angle joints.

3. A longer pole and step well back if that's possible.

4. You can also get ladders that are purpose made for working on conservatory roofs. You can rent these from some tool shops. Too expensive to buy for a DIY though.

Back