Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice wanted for BAC50

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Good morning all

I'm just after a bit of advice on Bac50. I have used algoclear pro for a good few years with good results.
However I do keep seeing Bac50 mentioned in a similar vein and was looking for anyone who uses it for roofs or knows about the chemical itself.
Algoclear pro is now £90 for 5l and i usually use a 20:1dilution as my norm.
However a local chemical company is selling bac50 for £21 for 5l (unsure of dilution ratio atm)
Any help would be grand ?

Good morning all

I'm just after a bit of advice on Bac50. I have used algoclear pro for a good few years with good results.
However I do keep seeing Bac50 mentioned in a similar vein and was looking for anyone who uses it for roofs or knows about the chemical itself.
Algoclear pro is now £90 for 5l and i usually use a 20:1dilution as my norm.
However a local chemical company is selling bac50 for £21 for 5l (unsure of dilution ratio atm)
Any help would be grand ?
You’re looking at pretty much the same ratio mate, much better value for money with the bac 50!!

I don't claim to have any chemistry knowledge and stand to be corrected by those with a better understanding, but as I understand things both BAC50 and DDAC are very similar chemicals used for cleaning hard surfaces / algae etc and there are better value for money alternatives out there. I haven't ussed this myself but siggested it to a mate of mine who was well pleased with results - Liquipak 5L for £31.99
For some of the branded products I think the extra cost is paying for the name and being HSE registered.
The next time I need biocide I'm going to try Liquipak. They advise dilution of 1 : 8 to 1 :40

I don't claim to have any chemistry knowledge and stand to be corrected by those with a better understanding, but as I understand things both BAC50 and DDAC are very similar chemicals used for cleaning hard surfaces / algae etc and there are better value for money alternatives out there. I haven't ussed this myself but siggested it to a mate of mine who was well pleased with results - Liquipak 5L for £31.99
For some of the branded products I think the extra cost is paying for the name and being HSE registered.
The next time I need biocide I'm going to try Liquipak. They advise dilution of 1 : 8 to 1 :40
Sod that for saving a few quid!! Having an HSE registered product in any business is worth its weight in gold !!

Sod that for saving a few quid!! Having an HSE registered product in any business is worth its weight in gold !!
Yes that's fair enough. I completely understand that way of thinking and I'm not going to argue with it.
In fact, I'm not advocating 1 thing or another, I'm just trying to provide some further info on the subject....

...although can't help but notice that in your earlier reply you seemed to be in favour of the cheaper BAC50 product until I brought up the subject of HSE?

Latest Posts

Back