All you booster pump users

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by camcap, Apr 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. camcap

camcap Active Member

Hi well due to my crapy water pressure I'm in the market for a booster pump, I just want to clear some things up do I connect the pump to the water mains (out side tap) or do I have to have a water storage tank for the water to be pulled from as I'm reading that you shouldn't run a booster pump of a tap as to do with back pressure or something thanks for any help

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Most run it after the pre filters and just before the RO,

It's illegal to boost the mains from a domestic tap I thought? - not that that stops people!

I'm not 100% sure, someone will be along to clarify,

I use a friends unit to do mine, just have a large booster pump after pre filters right before the RO

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

They sell booster pumps for showers etc so I would have thought a ro boster pump is not much different.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

What is illegal though in the eyes of the water authorities in UK is to connect a high spec pressure washer that draws more water lpm than the domestic supply can handle. That is why most high flow pressure washers draw water from a buffer tank instead.

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Bit of a grey area isn't it Smurf

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep as the chances of getting caught are very slim indeed . Unless you are unlucky enough to say cause damage somehow to the water meter,pipe work etc. Not only that there is a high risk that could knacker the pressure washer pump if it get starved of water.

7. johnny bravo

it sucks from the last RO vessel, then goes into membrane fitting to force through the membranes, then out to go through your DI vessel for pure., should speed things up 4 you

8. johnny bravo

i treat myself to the purefreedom pump, good reviews, i leave mine on for 4 hours, then turn off to cool down.

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

camcap has a 4040 so the booster pump you are most probably thinking about (having to let it cool down after a certain running time) will be too small for his r/o.

10. john39

john39 Well-Known Member

so where does the pump attach to? still no clear answer for the guy

Advertisement