Aluminium Poles Good For High Reach?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by WJCN64, Feb 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. WJCN64

WJCN64 Active Member

Hi i was just wondering if they hold together more at high reach i have a gardener slx-35 but bend to much any sugestions?

Advertisement
  2. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Nothing will be more rigid than a carbon fibre pole. Alu poles are good if you have a few guys working for you because they are tough as anything, there's a video where brodex drive over one with a car and it still works! But carbon fibre is the best.

There shouldnt be that much flex in an SLX at 35ft? SLX is full carbon isn't it?

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

If you want more rigid than the slx you would need to go for extreme poles from gardiners

4. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

There's also the weight issue with aluminium, I use up to 25ft Brodex poles but carbon fibre above that.

5. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

I bought one its ok as long as you don't use it for a length of time, unless you are built like man mountain... ;)

6. chip

chip Guru

Ditto, I used to have to use an alloy for 30 foot stuff, it was like a labour of Hercules. But manageable at 25 foot, or 4 sections on an unger

7. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

The 36 footer is a heavy beast by todays standard not too bad the more vertical the position somebody does a extension for the euro angle adapter to convert to a gooseneck after using a 36 footer all day that was my impression of what would improve the usability the idea being the more vertical you can keep the pole the less weight you feel leaning it over conservatories to get awkward windows would recommend a tekbuc sidewinder brush adapter as never seem to get the brush to sit right into corners of windows as too much goes into controlling the pole the answer to your question though is they are rigid but you pay the price over the day in weight fair price too

8. Jeff Brimble

Jeff Brimble Member

The lightest and stiffest pole at height is any modular carbon fibre section. Its a breeze :)

9. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

What do you mean by modular, sorry to sound daft..

10. mark m

mark m Hero

I have a 45ft alloy pole very hard work don't use it much thank god

Advertisement