Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another pricing thread

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I very much doubt a 47' pole would get the top windows. You will also need to stand in the middle of the road to do the top 2 floors on the front.
They look like painted wood sash windows so the condition of the paint is important. You don't mention payment terms or frequency of wash but usually they will be cleaned on a 2 / 3 monthly schedule.
Up here, NE, it would be a £300 job for us and we probably wouldn't get it at that. 2 men will easily do that in half a day. Fairly sure some will want double that

Last edited:
If I was pricing that on a monthly basis for me on my own probably £200ish first clean then £150 after on a monthly
I priced a bigger job up than that in the nw a couple weeks ago at £200 and didn’t get it some people don’t realise the work involved in cleaning glass and expect it done for nothing

That's got to be £300 or very very close to it. They won't want done every month so get whatever monthly price you have in your head out of it. If that's filthy that's a full day.

Been asked to go quote this on Friday, completely different to any of my other work though. Ballpark figures? Based south east.
You should always be careful on what info you post on an open forum. I have found the property very easily so could easily ring them to arrange to quote them. Fortunately for you it's 5 hours 50 minutes away and I've nothing nearby.

You should always be careful on what info you post on an open forum. I have found the property very easily so could easily ring them to arrange to quote them. Fortunately for you it's 5 hours 50 minutes away and I've nothing nearby.

You should be able to assume people aren't aresholes though who would do that. I'd never dream of doing something like that to someone. And I'm pretty sure even if it wasn't 6 hours away you wouldn't either.

To be honest I’m 50/50 whether I want it or not otherwise wouldn’t have posted. Thanks for the heads up though

Looking closely at it that is going to be difficult. It's right on the coast, so expect lots of ingrained salt. The upper windows are quite set back so you are going to need a carbon gooseneck. It's a Victorian building so getting on at 9ft per floor so a vertical distance of 45ft add that to having to stand a little way back you are looking at a 60ft pole.
You are going to have to cone off the street to get the angle on the top ones I would guess, how easy is it to get relevant permission from the local council?

All that said, ask the client what frequency they want as it could be more frequently in summer and not over the winter, so first spring clean will be bad!

If you are 50/50 then quote high so if you do get it you will be happy.

The above is just my opinion as I haven't done anything that big.

At a guess it will need a 60 foot pole not sure what the windows are made of but if they wanted a regular clean (6-8weeks ) it would be £500 minimum preferably a fair bit more first clean would be at least an extra £200 but would want to see it in the flesh first , and if it’s any longer time scale wouldn’t bother quoting , it’s an awkward and ugly building wouldn’t really want to do it ?????

Latest Posts

Back