Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing WFP London

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Soul1

I just launched my window cleaning business in South London. I made some research for pricing based on established companies. So I charge £22 for Terraced House and also for 3 Bed Semi + £9 if Conservatory. £26 for 3 Bed Detached + £11 if Conservatory. Based on a six weekly. Any Londoners out there who can confirm that my pricing is correct?

Also has anyone tried the Royal Mail leaflet distribution service? I’m curious to know if it’s effective

Last edited:
I just launched my window cleaning business in South London. I made some research for pricing based on established companies. So I charge £22 for Terraced House and also for 3 Bed Semi + £9 if Conservatory. £26 for 3 Bed Detached + £11 if Conservatory. Based on a six weekly. Any Londoners out there who can confirm that my pricing is correct?

Also has anyone tried the Royal Mail leaflet distribution service? I’m curious to know if it’s effective
I would have expected prices in London to be considerably more than that ?..

I would have expected prices in London to be considerably more than that ?..
If he’s saying £30 for a 3 bed semi, that’s to much in the areas he’s talking about.
Might get that in Chelsea or Mayfair (if you can find a 3 bed semi there).
In Bromley/Bexley, between £15-£18 will get you clustered work if the road hasn’t got a windie currently.
£30 and you’ll spend more time in the van driving from house to house and overall earning less

If he’s saying £30 for a 3 bed semi, that’s to much in the areas he’s talking about.
Might get that in Chelsea or Mayfair (if you can find a 3 bed semi there).
In Bromley/Bexley, between £15-£18 will get you clustered work if the road hasn’t got a windie currently.
£30 and you’ll spend more time in the van driving from house to house and overall earning less
Hi Steve, thank you for your message. I noticed that you’re from London. I established my prices by looking at businesses such as Pryors Window Cleaning in South London or Fantastic Services in London. However, you seem to think that my prices are too high for Greenwich/Bromley/Bexley. Maybe you’re right… I started delivering my first 100 leaflets yesterday and didn’t get any response at all. I was full of optimism LOL.

I guess I’ll have to keep going and find the sweet spot.

What bothers me is that I already got the 5,000 leaflets printed with the pricing list because I believed it was a good idea after watching a YouTube video. It didn’t cost me too much with Vista Print. Anyway I’m determined not to give up and make it a success. I saved money for one year to buy a cheap second-hand car and pay for driving lessons because I wanted to launch a business. I’m determined to make it happen.

Maybe I should discard these leaflets instead of walking for nothing because, if I listen to what you say, I’m way off the mark. It only cost me £70 with a discount.

Hi Steve, thank you for your message. I noticed that you’re from London. I established my prices by looking at businesses such as Pryors Window Cleaning in South London or Fantastic Services in London. However, you seem to think that my prices are too high for Greenwich/Bromley/Bexley. Maybe you’re right… I started delivering my first 100 leaflets yesterday and didn’t get any response at all. I was full of optimism LOL.

What bothers me is that I already got the 5,000 leaflets printed with the pricing list because I believed it was a good idea after watching a YouTube video. It didn’t cost me too much with Vista Print. Anyway I’m determined not to give up and make it a success. I saved money for one year to buy a cheap second-hand car and pay for driving lessons because I wanted to launch a business. I’m determined to make it happen.

Maybe I should discard these leaflets instead of walking for nothing because, if I listen to what you say, I’m way off the mark. It only cost me £70 with a discount.
Keep the leaflets for when people aren’t in when you knock the doors.
For those who are in, if they say they’re not sure, you can leave them one ?

I often see the Priors vans. They generally do one, maybe two houses, then have to reel in and move.
My prices are reasonable, so sometimes my van might only move 4-5 times a day, so constantly earning instead of faffing about

Where do you live?

Your pricing seems pretty fair, especially considering the add-ons for conservatories – a thoughtful touch. I'd recommend maybe checking with a few locals to get some real-time feedback, but it sounds like you're on the right track. As for the Royal Mail leaflet distribution, I haven't personally tried it, but I've heard mixed reviews.

Your pricing seems pretty fair, especially considering the add-ons for conservatories – a thoughtful touch. I'd recommend maybe checking with a few locals to get some real-time feedback, but it sounds like you're on the right track. As for the Royal Mail leaflet distribution, I haven't personally tried it, but I've heard mixed reviews.
Some swear by it, others not so much. Maybe it depends on the area? And speaking of cleaning services, have you considered branching into End of Tenancy Cleaning? I recently stumbled upon eotcleanic.co.uk, and they seem to offer a solid service. Could be a nice addition to your offerings!

Pricing is dependant on your round. As been said already if your driving here there and everywhere then you need to charge alot more to cover driving time. I try and price according to time spent but I still find that the compact estate work pulls in more than the bigger country houses. Years ago commercial was the way to go but recently it’s ar5e has dropped out and you’ll find alot of domestic cleaners turning over the same if not more.

Leaflets are very much a hit and miss imho.
In 1999 we used to get a 4% return on mailshots in the motor industry. By 2003 it was less than 1%.
I haven't seen a mailshot from a new or used car dealer in years. Targeted mailshots no longer work in the majority of cases.
The new car dealers are relying on their staff doing what they motor trade refers to as 'prospecting' as well as their website and foot traffic.

I'm watching my wife's employer with interest.
20 years ago the wife started there on sales. They didn't have a telephone sales department before. They ended up with 4 sales people and 2 shop merchandisers. (Her company sells products to the retail industry.)

Slowly but surely he has been relying on email mailshots to his customers. There is no sales department and no reps/merchandisers any more. He has saved money on salaries but he is paying the price now. His monthly turnover sales wise is on the downhill.

My point is that mailshots and websites are a tool to use in sales but not the only tools. New customers need to see you out and about yes, but I believe we need to 'knock doors' to generate business the old fashion way.

My wife's employer is now being reactive, not proactive, and paying the price.

Latest Posts

Back