Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another pricing query type post

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey all

So I'm nearly there with my trad set up, had to chase leaflets today (apparently although I'd designed and paid online with Hello Print, the design hadn't saved so they were quite happy to just keep my money and not tell me nothing was being done!).

Anyway, looking like next week will be "launch week". As I'll be starting out with little in the way of ongoing overheads (using my tricycle, no fuel costs so literally just covering costs of equipment etc pretty much initially) I'm thinking of doing "standardised" pricing mainly, especially for council estate houses (I'll be heading round there initially as it's my local neighbourhood) - so figuring 4 weekly price of £9 for a 2 bed, £12 for 3 bed, £15 for 4 bed (not sure yet if I want to offer an 8 week option initially, just so I can keep a more steady cash flow). Mainly I just want to keep things simple for myself, whilst still paying myself "minimum wage" for the work I do if I only get a few houses a day. Of course if I need to I'll up the price on a job-by-job basis if there's things like access, more windows than I anticipate etc. And thinking of "first clean" just being an extra 50%...

Just wondering if this sounds about right for south coast, mainly terraced house prices?

This very much depends on your location, I don't want to put a dampener on things but those in my area are between £3 and £5 higher than the going rate. Your area they might be cheap, also the frequency up here is fortnightly and occasionally 4 weekly for trad cleaners.

For pricing I would google 'window cleaners near me' and go to each web site as you should be able to find some providing prices relatively close by but if not try a little further afield just to give you a sanity check on your prices.
If you price too low you will be killing yourself but too high and you wont get any work!! Personally I wouldn't use 'standard prices based on house size or type', price each job on how long it will take you. OK so at startup this is very difficult. I have a system I use based on the number and size of windows, property access, location (distance to travel), and how many plant pots are around to trip me up :) Hopefully you get what I mean?

Again personally I would try and set your prices so you win 80% of your quotes that way you know your not too cheap or too expensive, if you win 100% of the ones you quote you might be too cheap and it's difficult to raise prices soon after you start.
The above is just how I do things and bare in mind I have only been going for 9 months!!

Hey all

So I'm nearly there with my trad set up, had to chase leaflets today (apparently although I'd designed and paid online with Hello Print, the design hadn't saved so they were quite happy to just keep my money and not tell me nothing was being done!).

Anyway, looking like next week will be "launch week". As I'll be starting out with little in the way of ongoing overheads (using my tricycle, no fuel costs so literally just covering costs of equipment etc pretty much initially) I'm thinking of doing "standardised" pricing mainly, especially for council estate houses (I'll be heading round there initially as it's my local neighbourhood) - so figuring 4 weekly price of £9 for a 2 bed, £12 for 3 bed, £15 for 4 bed (not sure yet if I want to offer an 8 week option initially, just so I can keep a more steady cash flow). Mainly I just want to keep things simple for myself, whilst still paying myself "minimum wage" for the work I do if I only get a few houses a day. Of course if I need to I'll up the price on a job-by-job basis if there's things like access, more windows than I anticipate etc. And thinking of "first clean" just being an extra 50%...

Just wondering if this sounds about right for south coast, mainly terraced house prices?

Pricing is something that is very difficult to advise on.

Have a look at the pricing on Perfect Windows site.

Apparently a local Southampton window cleaner told him that he would never get those prices. He started just before the financial crash of 2008 as a sole trader and is still growing his business.

Latest Posts

Back