Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another webasto question!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The webasto will break down into small enough bits - I can rig up a DIY ultrasonic cleaner easy enough, but what would you put in it solution wise? On my list so far are coke, brake cleaner and possibly paraffin. The ideal would be to get it vapour or soda blasted but no one near me does it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Not sure to be honest a friend of mine has one and he runs a diving buisness he uses it to remove dirt from diving valves and regulators , I would assume who ever is doing it would know what to use to remove carbonatious material ?.. have to say stuff comes up like new when it’s been done I was very impressed with the results 

Ok, I had this discussion with Oliver before I bought mine , he said that the 5kw will give hot water in the summer and warm in the winter as it’s not powerful enough to raise the temperature of the water that’s only a few degrees above freezing. As a side point they also do the wabasto in 12,14,16,18 kw versions as well a mate of mine fits them in boats for central heating systems now that would be an intresting application for wfp ???

as for cleaning depending on the size of the parts ultrasonic cleaning will remove all the carbon and won’t damage the item being cleaned 

I did look at the specs of an Eberspacher 12kw furnace once. I thought it to be an interesting option for twin operators. If memory serves me it has a 4 stage heating and cooling cycle which, on paper, could work to our benefit. However, a single operator could create issues as he probably wouldn't use all the heat the unit would deliver causing the unit to cycle on and off. There would have to have another pump to bleed excess heat back into the tank, so in effect, mimicking 2 operators working.

The cost of the 12kw unit wasn't much more than the 9kw and its fuel demand only fractionally more.

The webasto will break down into small enough bits - I can rig up a DIY ultrasonic cleaner easy enough, but what would you put in it solution wise? On my list so far are coke, brake cleaner and possibly paraffin. The ideal would be to get it vapour or soda blasted but no one near me does it.

Coke would shift the carbon no problems, the only issue would be a sticky residue left behind. We used to use it (unofficially) in the army to shift the carbon deposits off the working parts of the rifles, soak for 5 mins then wipe them down and plaster them in wd40.

I’d looked at Mikuni heaters as well as they seem to be pretty much on point with similar specs. The 9kW seems to tick all the boxes for my needs but they rarely come up second hand.@pjj I’ll look in to the ultrasonic Cleaning a bit more as it’s a tool I could actually fit in my shed without having to store all my other stuff in the roof!!

I’d looked at Mikuni heaters as well as they seem to be pretty much on point with similar specs. The 9kW seems to tick all the boxes for my needs but they rarely come up second hand.@pjj I’ll look in to the ultrasonic Cleaning a bit more as it’s a tool I could actually fit in my shed without having to store all my other stuff in the roof!!

Bidding on this finished last night. The diesel heater alone would have been worth the full bid price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ionic-systems-pro-6-Thermopure-Window-Cleaning-System-650-Litre/302991509660

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I did look at the specs of an Eberspacher 12kw furnace once. I thought it to be an interesting option for twin operators. If memory serves me it has a 4 stage heating and cooling cycle which, on paper, could work to our benefit. However, a single operator could create issues as he probably wouldn't use all the heat the unit would deliver causing the unit to cycle on and off. There would have to have another pump to bleed excess heat back into the tank, so in effect, mimicking 2 operators working.

The cost of the 12kw unit wasn't much more than the 9kw and its fuel demand only fractionally more.

I quite agree with what what you say my concern though would be running costs as Ime pretty sure mine uses around 1:5 ltr per hour , which doesn’t sound much but x that by 40 hours a week the cost soon mounts up 

Latest Posts

Back