Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Industrial unit front exterior clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Was asked to quote to clean the front of this industrial unit including roller door, top green cladding, silver cladding, soffits, ali frames & glazing including the small canopy.

Also test the burgular alarm at no extra charge...Oops! :D

View attachment 2611

How much would you charge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was asked to quote to clean the front of this industrial unit including roller door, top green cladding, silver cladding, soffits, ali frames & glazing including the small canopy.
Also test the burgular alarm at no extra charge...Oops! /emoticons/biggrin.png

View attachment 4446

How much would you charge?
do a @cheapncheerful [runner]:thumbsup:

I've got a few industrial fronts I do which are very similar. I charge £30 - £35 but I don't do the cladding on any of them. With the cladding I would say £50. Should take under an hour. Thing with ally frames like that is they will spot if you don't do it right. They need at least two spaced out rinses. If you're looking to sweeten the deal a little then suggest that they have the cladding done every other time. It won't need it every clean unless they are insistent in that. If you need to use two poles, £60. But I would think a 25SLX will reach that.

Cheers @Luke Elliott

I quoted £250 for a deep clean, £130 for a quick wash over then £50 per bi-monthly window clean.

Whilst looking at the job at 6pm last night I wanted to have a play on the roller door as you do so asked the client if that was ok as he was going to submit the quote to the landlord. He was concerned the landlord would mess him about as was moving units so wanted it done by Friday as VIPs were coming to the unit.

View attachment 2612

I got a wee bit carried away as you do and ended up doing a complete deep clean on the front of the unit including all the green & silver cladding and windows too that took only 2.5 hours to do. In the process I accidently set the burglar alarm off whilst I was cleaning the front door so when the chap came out to reset the alarm he noticed how clean the front of the unit was. I said I do apologise for getting you out but the job is nearly done now as a freebie so no need to worry now about getting it done by Friday.

Needless to say I have now not only got a very happy client that will recommend me to others, give me feedback for my site, use some pics of the job but also regular work on that industrial estate now too that I can build on.

Another important thing I gained out of it doing that job for free I now know the kit I have can do the job on those size units and how long approx a front deep clean will take in future.

Everybody is happy don't you think?

It must seem like it to some I'm sure :rofl:

To be honest it's nice for me to be able to afford to do freebies once in a while and that guy is already a regular customer as I deep cleaned the exterior of his home last week.

What goes around comes around as they say as... /emoticons/wink.png

nice job smurf , did you by any chance sustain any head injuries lately :eek::laugh::laugh:

Mind you my wife was none too pleased when I told her as all she could see was the £ signs not going in her purse /emoticons/biggrin.png

I think she mumbled something like "what you done it for free!!! you silly old soft bugger you":whistle:

Good business sense I reckon. If it's a regular customer elsewhere (whom I think is worth it) then I would probably extend a similar gesture. My old boss always used to say; "Do a good job and that customer will tell 2 or 3 people. Do a bad job and that customer will tell 10 people. Do something for free and they'll tell everyone"

Personally I would have waived the extra for the deep clean. But hey, you've got the job so everyone's happy and £50 each clean will be a nice little earner.

Just read your post again - are you doing the cladding all the way around the building or is that £250 just for the front? Damn good price if it's just for the front. And I just realised that's £50 just for the front windows alone? Again, damn good pricing. More than I would have charged. Unless it's inside windows too?

That job would take more than under an hour @Luke Elliott
Once up to scratch, maintenance clean - I disagree. I've got several just like it. And I don't accept anything less than perfect cleans either. As long as we are talking just the front, cladding garage door and windows. Easily an hour. I'll happily post photos of comparible jobs.

On a regular maintenance clean I reckon I would be able to do that one in about an hour too @Tuffers as like luke said once it's up to scratch should be nice and easy to do.

Once up to scratch, maintenance clean - I disagree. I've got several just like it. And I don't accept anything less than perfect cleans either. As long as we are talking just the front, cladding garage door and windows. Easily an hour. I'll happily post photos of comparible jobs.

never thought i would see the words smurf and free together:rofl:

yep its investment in the future...always the first couple of times on any job you have to do the extra bit until people are happy to not check up on you any more and you can just get on with the job...and in my case play dodge the custy.....well i like a quiet life....doesnt always work to plan.../emoticons/smile.png

yep its investment in the future...always the first couple of times on any job you have to do the extra bit until people are happy to not check up on you any more and you can just get on with the job...and in my case play dodge the custy.....well i like a quiet life....doesnt always work to plan.../emoticons/smile.png
Yep, I do this with my handyman work. I've got a full days work coming up from a seed I sowed about a year ago. It doesnt always come back quickly, but it does eventually, so if you're in the business for the long haul, giving a little freebie or gesture can pay dividends. That said, I don't give freebies with window cleaning as the margins are a little tight for me. Never thought I would see a freebie off smurf though... someone pinch me. lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

On a regular maintenance clean I reckon I would be able to do that one in about an hour too @Tuffers as like luke said once it's up to scratch should be nice and easy to do.
Here's how I would do that job:

Scrub green and silver cladding - high pressure, no need to rinse if it's done regularly. It's not a window.

Clean top row of windows.

Clean garage door - no need to rinse. Just use high pressure.

Second rinse top row of windows

Clean second row of windows.

Clean the two windows on the bottom right.

Second rinse second row of windows

Clean bottom windows.

Second rinse two windows to right hand side.

Second rinse bottom row.

I'd use a superlight extreme brush in everything as there won't be much dirt to remove so a stiffer brush is it needed, allowing the xtreme brush to glide over frames and contours in the cladding.

Easy an hour.

As it was a deep clean and not been done for years I used hot tap water on full pelt with a dt stiff brush fitted with pencil jets to washdown the green, silver cladding and soffits first.

To get hot tap water I just connected up their outside tap to the gas hot water boiler I have in the van. It's mounted on a purefreedom trolley so can also be used mobile if/when required. It looks a bit odd but comes in very handy and works well for me when I need to use hot tap/pure water.

We all know hot water cleans better than cold on deep cleans but I'm such a tight **** I wasn't going to spend thousands on a deisel fired hot water boiler so made my own cheap alternative that does the same job :D

View attachment 2618

The roller door because it was bad again I used hot tap water but this time used a flocked jetted truck brush to get most of the dirt off. Then for stubbon dirt/marks applied ubik, let dwell for a couple of mins, gave it a scrub then rinsed off.

All the frames where cleared of cob webs and spider nests first then scrubs well with hot pure water. To finish of all the glass was cleaned twice with hot pure water and rinsed very well using a dt medium stiff brush.

So on that one I used:

hot tap water

hot pure water

Ubik as a boost on the roller door

3 different types of wfp brush

mirofiber cloth to wipe over door frame, door funiture and then the lower frames

Job done! ...well I did say I was having a play :D

Smurf is not always smurfing customers you know./emoticons/biggrin.png

I was going to keep that little sales trick for the odd regular good customer as my little secret but hay ho now you all know.

I've found to go the extra mile to look after premium customers they will defo look after you /emoticons/wink.png

Yep, I do this with my handyman work. I've got a full days work coming up from a seed I sowed about a year ago. It doesnt always come back quickly, but it does eventually, so if you're in the business for the long haul, giving a little freebie or gesture can pay dividends. That said, I don't give freebies with window cleaning as the margins are a little tight for me. Never thought I would see a freebie off smurf though... someone pinch me. lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back