Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone have any idea where this would come from after a clean using only pure water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You need to give us a little more detail.

Can it be removed with a cloth?
Is it not on the inside of the glass?
Have you cleaned these doors before or is this a first clean?
Did they look like this before you started to clean them?

From your photo it looks like it's affecting the other glass panes as well.

It's nothing to do with pure water unless it's been contaminated.

My feeling is that it's moisture between the glass which means the units have blown.

In the warmth of the sun, the air gap between the glass warms up. Any moisture inside will be absorbed by the warm air as warm air holds more moisture than cold air. When you clean the glass, you cool the glass down. The air in the gap also cools releasing moisture which settles on the glass.

As the sun warms the panels up again, you could well see that the moisture disappears. We have experienced this a number of times over the years.

A failed glass panel is no longer sealed. It breathes moisture laden air from outside when it cools down.

If it looks like that after the clean what was it like before ? Can you rub it off with your fingers or not ? Ime assuming it was cleaned using WFP ? Try trading it and see what happens.

Last edited:
That looks like a lot of lime scale. Do they have sprinklers nearby or anything like that to water outdoors plants etc? That's a really big build up of it.

You need to give us a little more detail.

Can it be removed with a cloth?
Is it not on the inside of the glass?
Have you cleaned these doors before or is this a first clean?
Did they look like this before you started to clean them?

From your photo it looks like it's affecting the other glass panes as well.

It's nothing to do with pure water unless it's been contaminated.

My feeling is that it's moisture between the glass which means the units have blown.

In the warmth of the sun, the air gap between the glass warms up. Any moisture inside will be absorbed by the warm air as warm air holds more moisture than cold air. When you clean the glass, you cool the glass down. The air in the gap also cools releasing moisture which settles on the glass.

As the sun warms the panels up again, you could well see that the moisture disappears. We have experienced this a number of times over the years.

A failed glass panel is no longer sealed. It breathes moisture laden air from outside when it cools down.
It's on the outside and the marks are extremely hard on the glass, is there anyway to remove the water marks as rub off wont touch it

@cameron12422 it looks like baked on limescale to me, which is why I asked if they used sprinklers. The only other thing I could think of would be residue if someone has sprayed something nearby or run off from the frames. Ask the boss/building manager there, especially if it's only on one or two windows.

if you start to put chemicals on it to clean off it may drip ont0 ledge and ruin them they will blame you. if it wont come off with fairy and washing up scourer id walk away

Latest Posts

Back