Anyone here give 'extras'/'happy finish'?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by TolishAPurd, Nov 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

.....Not that kind of happy finish you dirty bar stewards. :D

I talking mainly on first cleans for genuine regular customers. I always chuck in a little freebee; it can be something as simple cleaning the two windows on the crappy shed in the garden, to cleaning the front door light. The dirtier it was, the better as it makes a bigger impact.

I find it builds a bit of trust and rapport with people, and it only takes a few minutes. Anyone else do this as a matter of course?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Yea on 1st cleans if I am sure as I can be that the customer is going to stick with me I always spend longer than I should on the job, just brightening the sills up, But it balances out because the next visit I get round in no time, sometimes do the garage window or something like that, as you say Tolish it all helps build rapport and trust

3. abs

abs Guru

I always clean garage doors on first cleans and try to keep them clean as months go on , I usually say I've done that this time around as I have extra water just so they realise it's not done every visit

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nice to do that sometimes but some may take advantage and expect it's all part of your job. Then you get canyoujuster expecting you to do extras for free. :D

5. TolishAPurd

Good idea on the garage door. I did this for a customer once and he's only ever been good as gold.

Smurf very right you are. Its something that should be used sparingly and in the right conditions. :D I try not to do any grand gestures, but a little job done on your terms when you have the spare time aint so bad. But being able to handle the canyoujusters is an ongoing process, and I believe the CUJs are born not made.:D

6. ash brown

ash brown Active Member

Yes I do this as I get abit carried away sometimes, really hammered it down for 5 mins at a house the other day so sheltering in door porch they got a light and door bell polish.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Some are just born to clean....I'm betting the customer did not even notice either if you had not told them :D

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i sometimes do kitchen insides they love this ,they are normally covered in water marks there sinks
    only down side they all expect it every clean

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I do some oustsides and wonder why the feck I'm bothering as they don't need net curtains thats for sure because the glass is so filthy on the inside. And a big fat NO I don't offer to clean them either :D

10. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I was clearing a blocked drain in a house today that I did the gutters for. I do this reasonably often.

Advertisement