Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone here hold a CSCS card?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

matt1458

We’re hoping to start a few exterior cleaning jobs (and possibly some internals) with a large local building company.

The first job won’t be an issue as building will be complete, but they have advised holding CSCS cards would be preferable should we be needed on a live site.

If anyone here holds one and provides cleaning service, can you tell me whether you’re a green or blue card holder?

The CSCS website is a bit confusing as it says cleaning comes under blue card, which requires an NVQ to be completed first.. whereas green seems more sensible as it’s mostly heath and safety on site knowledge.

Thanks in advance

Green card is all you need to get on most sites, I've never been on a site as a window cleaner - but did go on as an engineer in my previous employment and several of us only had green cards.

Depends entirely on the site and their rules, some require you to have a supervisor on site, which is another card (I forget the colour.)

We’re hoping to start a few exterior cleaning jobs (and possibly some internals) with a large local building company.

The first job won’t be an issue as building will be complete, but they have advised holding CSCS cards would be preferable should we be needed on a live site.

If anyone here holds one and provides cleaning service, can you tell me whether you’re a green or blue card holder?

The CSCS website is a bit confusing as it says cleaning comes under blue card, which requires an NVQ to be completed first.. whereas green seems more sensible as it’s mostly heath and safety on site knowledge.

Thanks in advance
Hi
I’m new on here but be cleaning for many years I have a cscs card but don’t have an NVQ and I didn’t realise there were different types of card I haven’t done loads of work having to have one but the few I have the Green which I guess is what I have was fine
Hope this might help

Thanks in advance
I’ve got the yellow one but didn’t realize you had to have specific qualifications for them? I though it was just different types of tests for different roles?? Make sure you download some practice tests.

Everytime we have been on site for lots of different companies they have asked for CSCS cards,
Ive always said we dont have them, heres a copy of my rams and insurance if you like I can pack up and go.

To date after 10 years I've never been told to pack up,

Thanks guys if they absolutely insist on it then I’ll put us through the green card as mentioned in the replies, the blue one I was originally told I needed needs an NVQ so if that’s the case they can jog on!

Back