Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone with a Diesel Van..You need to read this

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PJ Bullard

Read about the changes that are coming.

Diesel drivers face tax triple whammy with new parking fee | Daily Mail Online

It is not just for London either:

Now motorists are facing a major clampdown - with at least 15 towns and cities across England set to bring in increased parking fees.

It comes in addition to bans on diesel vehicles in peak hours or daily charges in 35 towns and cities.

In up to 10 of the areas hit worst by pollution private cars could face the measures while in the remaining 25 commercial vehicles will be the main target.

Affected areas include Leeds, Southampton, Nottingham and Derby, which already have plans to impose 'toxin taxes' on older motors starting in 2019 - but those could extend the taxes to diesel cars as well.

Also the article says:

It is just the latest in a string of 'toxin taxes' which could also see motorists slapped with levies of up to £20 a day in dozens of cities across England amid a Government crackdown on vehicles that cause air pollution.

Councils are separately planning to punish diesel drivers by charging them up to 50 per cent more for parking compared to petrol cars.

These people are having a joke surely.

upload_2017-4-5_18-47-18.jpeg

@adamangler better to know a storm is coming than to bury your head in the sand and pretend all is dandy.

Basically if you read the article then it states that in the next 3 or 4 years (which isn't really that long), we are all going to be hit with massive daily diesel charges, even paying more for parking a diesel vehicle. We won't be able to drive in town centres - yes TOWN CENTRES, without being hit with a £20 daily charge. And that is not just in London.

It means we are all going to have to change our vehicles or pay the fees. I have an 05 transit connect so mine will definetly be hit.

If it does come in it might not affect all of us though.

I don't work in a city centre.

If it happens it happens not hard to sell van and buy a petrol one or whatever. Can't see it happening anytime soon.

It does seem as if 'They' want old diesels to be taken off the road.

Either that or we pay up and pass it to the client.....

Yeah, apart from your diesel van would be worthless.

Don't be daft.

As if someone is going to bring a law in over night that renders nearly all vans on the road and a lot of cars worthless overnight.

Its a load of ********. If any law did come in it would be phased in over a number of years and might be 10 years down the line before it affected me.

Stop worrying it might never happen

Don't be daft.
As if someone is going to bring a law in over night that renders nearly all vans on the road and a lot of cars worthless overnight.

Its a load of ********. If any law did come in it would be phased in over a number of years and might be 10 years down the line before it affected me.

Stop worrying it might never happen
Well i don't necessarily think that's the case.

My mates Van 2005 connect isn't able to drive into London from this October unless he pays the Toxic charge.

I can't drive into town from April 2019.

These things aren't brought in overnight but they will come in.

Government brought in the scrappage scheme a good few years ago - to help boost the new car industry thru the recession and get older more polluting cars off the road.

That turned out to be quite profitable for those with older cars and it could end up going the same way with diesel vans - possible incentives if there's to be a nationwide crackdown.

Last edited:
Agree with @Spartan - it is coming and if any of you bother to read the article, you'll see what Sadiq Khan the mayor of London has been quoted as saying. The language he uses and the words, sounds like he has a personal war against diesel drivers. As usual a figure of 'the thousands of deaths caused by pollution' was magically plucked out of the air. How can you prove this? These people with letters after their names can somehow prove that pollution killed someone? Please.

Agree with @Spartan - it is coming and if any of you bother to read the article, you'll see what Sadiq Khan the mayor of London has been quoted as saying. The language he uses and the words, sounds like he has a personal war against diesel drivers. As usual a figure of 'the thousands of deaths caused by pollution' was magically plucked out of the air. How can you prove this? These people with letters after their names can somehow prove that pollution killed someone? Please.
The dirtiest smelliest vehicles on the road seem to be buses. And most of them round my way drive around empty.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back