Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So long as you text customers the day before, you will know whether they have any objections to the clean being carried out. That backed up with taking a few screenshots of what has been detailed on here from Governments sources stating we can go to work. Then when you're on a job you have something to refer to if the conversation comes up from 2m away from where you're standing i.e. Andy Burnham clarified it with No 10.

Di you really think it’s ethical to go and clean people’s windows who have been sent home from work ?.. if you turned up at my house you would be told exactly what to do and it would be posted all over social media , will that do you and your company any favours ? Also think about the potential consequences of your actions someone earning 60 k per year plus should be able to take up three months off without to much hardship 
60,000+     omg I would defo put my feet up

It definitely does say non essential businesses must close
It definitely does not. It states non essential SHOPS must close. It clearly states that you can still travel to and from work if you cannot work from home. It's a half arsed lockdown at best and doesn't go far enough. We're already ahead of Italy in deaths before they locked down. The Italians have been criticized for not implementing the lockdown hard enough early on and it's been a factor in them getting out of control. We seem to be in big trouble. 

So long as you text customers the day before, you will know whether they have any objections to the clean being carried out. That backed up with taking a few screenshots of what has been detailed on here from Governments sources stating we can go to work. Then when you're on a job you have something to refer to if the conversation comes up from 2m away from where you're standing i.e. Andy Burnham clarified it with No 10.
ffs okay dont come crying on here when you have a fine, but no its fine nobody else needs the money as  much as you so you go out and graft!! Everyone is going to have to do there bit but its fine you go out!!

I appreciate we all want to earn a pound note but your playing with fire whilst stood in a pool of petrol on an oil tanker!!!

honestly officer I saw a tweet from that labour MP in manchester that said I can work

if you think thats a good enough reason to go out tomorrow and earn then say that to yourself in the mirror without laughing!

Hope you all get the fine, see how much you need them ££s then

ffs okay dont come crying on here when you have a fine, but no its fine nobody else needs the money as  much as you so you go out and graft!! Everyone is going to have to do there bit but its fine you go out!!

I appreciate we all want to earn a pound note but your playing with fire whilst stood in a pool of petrol on an oil tanker!!!
The Mayor of Manchester confirmed it mate not me. I think I will take his and numbers tens advice over yours. BTW I don't need the cash. 

As I said elsewhere, legally I think you can work.  But morally?  That's a different matter.
Right then to try and make you all feel better, scrap morals lets chase a pound note! My business obv has jobs at risk so decisions arent just mine to make listed below is the 8 conversations I had around 8.30-10pm tonight.

I have spoke to my following

Accountant -Dont work dont risk it
HR - its your call but I wouldnt risk it unless there is an essential need
Solictor - haha no mate shut
insurance - no you wont be covered shut

(3 other business confidents and a secondary accountant all said no aswell)

Thats free advice for you,

if there is anybody else you can think i can call that will give me the go ahead legally then tell me but its fine you go with a tweet from a mayor of manchester.......

I feel some people are reading what they want to read, only to let down the rest of us. 

Window cleaning is NOT an essential business. Obviously we can't clean windows from home, but...tough luck, we have to stay home. It's the selfless act of staying home that will prevent this virus from spreading and killing A LOT of people. 

There's currently no major support for sole traders (and if, like me, you're not happy to receive 90 quid a week) I feel we should write the next week off AT LEAST, and wait for the government to give us an update on any developments regarding support for us, who will undoubtedly be affected financially. 

I'm a home owner, work on my own always, no staff, no premises etc. My partner's 80% support will fortunqtely cover our bills (oh, and I can get 3 months of mortgage relief...not bad). I have savings (thankfully!) But for now will have to grin and bare it like everyone else.

Swallow your pride and realise window cleaning is not essential, but it is essential to give your favourite OAP customers who always slip you an extra fiver a chance of living longer than next week.

Wake up and be accountable. It's written in front of you. Do not work. 

The Mayor of Manchester confirmed it mate not me. I think I will take his and numbers tens advice over yours. BTW I don't need the cash. 
if you dont need the cash why on earth would you risk it, and dont give me that bullsh!t of 'oh i dont want to let the client down' Ive just let down 60 domestic customers and 5 decent commercial jobs

Back