Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are you a vent scrubber or a vent avoider?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ive seen vents on new builds curl in shape. must be the weather. i wont touch anything like this otherwise the homeowner may say you have caused this. if i see this on an inspection prior to clean i will point this out.
always inspect a new customers windows otherwise the other windie might of left after damaging a vent or similar without letting on and you may get the blame

I feel the pain in these, the dreaded vents tedious especially if they've not been cleaned in ages, but worth spending a little ext time to help stop probs in long run as some mentioned ive had it on a school scrubbed to get right in vents and some water on inside but luckliy caretaker is a pal but scrub over top til clean or it at least stops running muck

I feel the pain in these, the dreaded vents tedious especially if they've not been cleaned in ages, but worth spending a little ext time to help stop probs in long run as some mentioned ive had it on a school scrubbed to get right in vents and some water on inside but luckliy caretaker is a pal but scrub over top til clean or it at least stops running muck
I think it’s difficult when first changing over to wfp to get the hang of vents but speaking from my own recent experience I cleaned up in the vents thoroughly the first time to make sure I avoided runs. When taking on a new customer with vents I tell them to make sure they’re all shut on the inside and pre warn them that they might run after I’ve left . As yet I haven’t had any problems .
The first few months I wasn’t earning as much money as I wanted but it did give me much needed piece of mind which is priceless.
Time and patience worked best for me.

Back