Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Arriving and the police are there

WCF

Help Support WCF:

spc went there toMR Browell the headmaster

paxton and paxton house

the parade school , libary then all converted into houses, there is nicEB &B there also

I clean the lot now
Think it was s Mr Gedling when I was there, maybe early eighties. When to chirnside before that.

Back when ET was big and musical youth, and rubix cubes. And deely boppers!

I used to know the mp john home Robinson of Paxton house, he still there? Good fishing round that way, if you dodge the hogweed!!

As far as the police are concerned, you have nothing to worry about, unless you have a dubious past.
There was a time I would have agreed with that. I thought they are doing a difficult job the best way they can. But not anymore.

The police are supposed to be there to serve the public, but they do not see themselves as public servants. They think it is their job to tell us what to do.

Whenever I have any dealing with cops these days I refuse to answer any questions or help them in any way whatsoever. Our local force had set up a gestapo-style checkpoint a few months ago and I was pulled over and quizzed about where I was going and what I was doing.

I politely provided the information I have to by law (eg driving license, address etc) but I told PC Hitler that where I was going and what I was doing was none of his business, and if that was all, I'd be on my way thanks.

Well he didn't like that, and then came a barrage of more questions, along with "the fact that you are refusing to answer my questions is giving me cause to be suspicious about you." and other such nonsense.

Eventually I said, very calmly and politely, "look officer, I am simply not going to answer any of your questions because it's my right not to. If you think that gives you just cause to arrest me then lets get on with it (held out my wrists for the handcuffs) but if not then I'll be on my way."

He immediately backed down and said I was free to go.

If he had arrested me then I would have simply made a complaint about wrongful arrest and brought a civil action against the force. A friend of mine did that and was awarded £5,000 by the judge.

The cops will often use the general fear and reverence that the public have towards them to get people to comply even when there's no obligation to, often saying "if you don't then I'll arrest you". Youtube is full of videos of the UK cops abusing their position and getting all uptight when someone films them (even though they usually have bodycams themselves these days).

By the way, I have never been arrested or been in any trouble with the police, other than a speeding fine or two.

There was a time I would have agreed with that. I thought they are doing a difficult job the best way they can. But not anymore.
The police are supposed to be there to serve the public, but they do not see themselves as public servants. They think it is their job to tell us what to do.

Whenever I have any dealing with cops these days I refuse to answer any questions or help them in any way whatsoever. Our local force had set up a gestapo-style checkpoint a few months ago and I was pulled over and quizzed about where I was going and what I was doing.

I politely provided the information I have to by law (eg driving license, address etc) but I told PC Hitler that where I was going and what I was doing was none of his business, and if that was all, I'd be on my way thanks.

Well he didn't like that, and then came a barrage of more questions, along with "the fact that you are refusing to answer my questions is giving me cause to be suspicious about you." and other such nonsense.

Eventually I said, very calmly and politely, "look officer, I am simply not going to answer any of your questions because it's my right not to. If you think that gives you just cause to arrest me then lets get on with it (held out my wrists for the handcuffs) but if not then I'll be on my way."

He immediately backed down and said I was free to go.

If he had arrested me then I would have simply made a complaint about wrongful arrest and brought a civil action against the force. A friend of mine did that and was awarded £5,000 by the judge.

The cops will often use the general fear and reverence that the public have towards them to get people to comply even when there's no obligation to, often saying "if you don't then I'll arrest you". Youtube is full of videos of the UK cops abusing their position and getting all uptight when someone films them (even though they usually have bodycams themselves these days).

By the way, I have never been arrested or been in any trouble with the police, other than a speeding fine or two.

We live in a small town and I guess everyone knows everyone. We clean windows for several families of police men and/or woman.

I was once stopped and I was asked very politely where I had been and where I was going by police outside our area. I was asked if they could look inside my van and when they saw it was full of window cleaning stuff they politely thanked me. They were looking for some stolen property. My van wasn't sign written.

We did get drawn into a situation recently that we knew nothing of when a customer's house got broken into. The first question the police asked was who had access to the rear of the property. The window cleaners. When our customer produced our 'we have cleaned your window's ticket' our customer was told that the break in had nothing to do with them.

They identified it as one of his mates that had advertised on Facebook that our customer had gone away for the weekend to Spain. A previous post had also informed the circle of friends of the address of his roof wetting party as he has only just recently bought the house. The Facebook page was open for all and sundry to see.

I live a few miles from the official driest part of the UK, it never rains, well hardly anyway.
Always find it strange driving back to my area from being anywhere else, the grass gets browner, the roads get dustier, the arid conditions start to make themselves known!
lucky us, Thurrock seems to swerve the rain most of the time to :thumbsup:

Back