Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack or hose extention

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley1337

Hi all,

Currently had some enquires from a couple of customers who i went to quote today. There houses are set back quite a distance from where I can park, meaning my 100M hose is too short, (around 30m)

I was originally thinking getting a Gardiner backpack, as i can use it for other stuff too, but seems to be out of stock and any second hand ones are down the other side of the country. Would getting a extra 50M of hose that I can coil up in the van for these sorts of jobs be fine? Don't know if the pump would struggle sending water an extra 50M that's all.

Might be worth just using pole hose as an extension. It's much easier to coil back up than 6mm reel hose.
Yellow PVC Hose 5mm for pure water fed pole window cleaning do some at 36p per meter so about £25 delivered for 50m plus fittings. I used 20m when I used a backpack and I found it quite easy to coil up and it didn't have much coil memory at all. Not sure it would be robust enough to use all day every day as pole hose but for odd jobs where you need a bit of an extension it should be fine.

Might be worth just using pole hose as an extension. It's much easier to coil back up than 6mm reel hose.
Yellow PVC Hose 5mm for pure water fed pole window cleaning do some at 36p per meter so about £25 delivered for 50m plus fittings. I used 20m when I used a backpack and I found it quite easy to coil up and it didn't have much coil memory at all. Not sure it would be robust enough to use all day every day as pole hose but for odd jobs where you need a bit of an extension it should be fine.
We are tubeless and having been using pu green Gardiner pole hose for years approx 25m permanently attached to ours reels works great and very hard wearing.

Can you not pull up on their driveway?
It's some crazy little estates that have car parks spotted all over and you have to walk to the houses (nightmare living there with shopping lol) I'm currently a fibre engineer too and I have the same issue caring tons of heavy tools to the houses 1-200m away lol, but ive had like 4 quotes just this week in 4 different little estates all the same shape etc

Thanks for that, I wouldn't be needing it often. maybe a couple jobs a week. so shouldn't get too much wear.

Would it be 6mm rectus (both ends) needed to extend this as the connectors?

I'm thinking along the line of one of those decent 4 wheeled garden carts with a backpack and a couple of 20 litre plastic drums.
I do want a Gardiner backpack but our of stock... Hopefully be able to get one soon. Wanting on for other things too.

Hi all,

Currently had some enquires from a couple of customers who i went to quote today. There houses are set back quite a distance from where I can park, meaning my 100M hose is too short, (around 30m)

I was originally thinking getting a Gardiner backpack, as i can use it for other stuff too, but seems to be out of stock and any second hand ones are down the other side of the country. Would getting a extra 50M of hose that I can coil up in the van for these sorts of jobs be fine? Don't know if the pump would struggle sending water an extra 50M that's all.
Gardiner backpacks now back in stock

If you can't get near them with 100m of hose I wouldn't bother.these are pita jobs and you ll only drop them when you get easier access work.its very rare to not be able to run a hose to a job.

Get a back pack, there handy as anything, I bought a small pump that runs of the battery that goes into my tank in the van and a few containers to fill. I find myself using the back pack most of the tine now and it seems to be quicker for most of the time.

Get a back pack, there handy as anything, I bought a small pump that runs of the battery that goes into my tank in the van and a few containers to fill. I find myself using the back pack most of the tine now and it seems to be quicker for most of the time.

I admit a backpack is handy but only in an emergency for me.unfortunately I'll be forced to use mine in a few weeks for some jobs as gas pipes are being replaced on an estate I clean and its very disruptive in regards to being able to park near my jobs.i have 70+ jobs on the estate!

There is no way physically carrying(or pushing on a trolley)your water to each job is easier than grabbing the hose and walking and cleaning 8+ houses without having to go back to the van to fill up.

Latest Posts

Back