Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reel and hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Duggan

I'm after a hose reel and 50 or 100m of hose.

Currently use a nano trolley and Gardiner backpack.

Either a freestanding reel or one with wheels, won't be used very often to be honest.

So for the reels are they heavy enough that you can pull the hose off without dragging the reel along and for the actual hose I see 8mm and 6mm. Who goes for what and why.

I guess the 6mm is lighter and am leaning towards that, why do people go for the 8mm?

I'll probably go to the Expo on Saturday and see what's available but any recommendations or ones to stay away from would be appreciated (y)

Streamline hi vis is a robust and well made hose with brilliant all year weather stability and visibility also if you want a hose reel that will fit into your "not used that much" bracket a Claber ground 40 reel will serve you will and affordable

Double check any show prices with an Internet search as you may still get a better deal elsewhere

Streamline hi vis is a robust and well made hose with brilliant all year weather stability and visibility also if you want a hose reel that will fit into your "not used that much" bracket a Claber ground 40 reel will serve you will and affordable

Double check any show prices with an Internet search as you may still get a better deal elsewhere
Thanks for the advice mate. I’ll have a look around at the show and go from there.

Out of interest do you use a 6 or 8mm hose?

I opted for the 8mm but I cant remember why now. There was a debate on which was best years back. ive had it since 2017 and it seems fine, from pure freedom I think, though they may,ve all changed now.

How is 8mm much more of a trip hazard than 6mm mate?
I’m the same as ks - bought 8mm donkeys years ago and have stuck with it as it works perfectly fine for me.
I found it coiled up more and doesn’t lie flat as easy as 6mm hence more of a trip hazard. Also it’s a lot heavier and harder to work with when you’ve got quite a lot out say 50+ metres or so making the day more tiring. I e found all the little things add up through out the working day. The only benefit I found is as part timer says for extra flow. Honestly once you change you’ll never go back. It’s like goin from an slx to an extreme.

How is it not going to lie flat if it’s obviously heavier than a 6mm full of water? Maybe the hose you were using? Granted it can get tough if you’re pulling 100m of it in through grass say but I don’t have it fully out very often. Can’t comment on the extreme v slx as never had an extreme but I’m more than happy with the slx and won’t be changing it for a minimal amount of weight saving.

I ended up getting a Claber reel with 100m of 6mm hi viz hose at the show yesterday.

From the TCH stall, £140 inc vat all made up with the fittings on.

Also got some Diamond Shine which I tried at home today. I really liked it, dirt cheap too for the amount you need to put in.

Anyone else use it, any downsides?

I ended up getting a Claber reel with 100m of 6mm hi viz hose at the show yesterday.

From the TCH stall, £140 inc vat all made up with the fittings on.

Also got some Diamond Shine which I tried at home today. I really liked it, dirt cheap too for the amount you need to put in.

Anyone else use it, any downsides?
That's great to hear mate. Good price also

Back