Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hoseless - Tuff Tubeless Kit - My first day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ched999uk

I have 3 poles in my van and the pole hose gets caught in the brushes when I pull one pole out and it's a pain to coil up after each job.

So I ordered @Skxawng Tuff Tubeless Kit for 1 pole and the pole only kits for the other 2 along with a RecProtek Slim to go over my rectus 21 pole hose to reel hose.
I messaged him through the forum as I wanted to know when it would arrive and what delivery service he used as the post strike was looming last week. He replied that it was Royal Mail (he may use other delivery methods) and that he could get it in the post that day (Wednesday). So I paid online and received a confirmation email. The next day sure enough it all arrived! Well packaged and with full colour, very detailed instruction sheets!

I fitted it on Saturday and I followed the instructions, it all went perfect. Everything fitted as it should and template to trim the new pole hose too was helpful as no messing with tape measures. I put the poles back in the van and wow no more dangling hoses to get tangles together! The van looks so more organised and spacious!

I didn't have time on Sat to test so on Sunday I thought I had better test to double check I had done everything correctly. Slid pole out, held with one hand inserted the coupler into the bottom of the pole and click all connected. No leaks and cleaned my windows, swapped poles and so much easier. Finished up and disconnected pole hose, poles slid back in downpipe, reeled in reel hose and carried on to reel in pole hose. All went perfect even cleaning the pole hose as it reeled in.

So did my first day with the Tuff Tubeless Kit today and I must say it was so nice not having to coil up the pole hose and hook it round the brush. So much easier to just keep reeling in all the hose and cleaning it every time! I would say it saved a few mins on each job which is great - I would say I could probably have done an extra job and still finished at the same time I would have before the hoseless kit plus my pole hose is getting cleaned each time so maybe less wear on the pole. The slim connect was great, it coped with getting pulled round corners without snagging or disconnecting.

For anyone who want's to cut down on clutter of loops of pole hose in the van and save some time I would recommend the Tuff Tubeless Kit from @Skxawng at www.rootek-designs.co.uk There is even a 20% off coupon 'WCF20' .

Just to clarify I have no affiliation with @Skxawng - I'm really impressed at the design, implementation and use of the product.

Looking forward to the ova8 versions. Fingers crossed for the guy exceed have been looking at the ova8 poles for a year of my knowledge I will be purchasing the reel hose to pole hose connectors they look good also

I have 3 poles in my van and the pole hose gets caught in the brushes when I pull one pole out and it's a pain to coil up after each job.

So I ordered @Skxawng Tuff Tubeless Kit for 1 pole and the pole only kits for the other 2 along with a RecProtek Slim to go over my rectus 21 pole hose to reel hose.
I messaged him through the forum as I wanted to know when it would arrive and what delivery service he used as the post strike was looming last week. He replied that it was Royal Mail (he may use other delivery methods) and that he could get it in the post that day (Wednesday). So I paid online and received a confirmation email. The next day sure enough it all arrived! Well packaged and with full colour, very detailed instruction sheets!

I fitted it on Saturday and I followed the instructions, it all went perfect. Everything fitted as it should and template to trim the new pole hose too was helpful as no messing with tape measures. I put the poles back in the van and wow no more dangling hoses to get tangles together! The van looks so more organised and spacious!

I didn't have time on Sat to test so on Sunday I thought I had better test to double check I had done everything correctly. Slid pole out, held with one hand inserted the coupler into the bottom of the pole and click all connected. No leaks and cleaned my windows, swapped poles and so much easier. Finished up and disconnected pole hose, poles slid back in downpipe, reeled in reel hose and carried on to reel in pole hose. All went perfect even cleaning the pole hose as it reeled in.

So did my first day with the Tuff Tubeless Kit today and I must say it was so nice not having to coil up the pole hose and hook it round the brush. So much easier to just keep reeling in all the hose and cleaning it every time! I would say it saved a few mins on each job which is great - I would say I could probably have done an extra job and still finished at the same time I would have before the hoseless kit plus my pole hose is getting cleaned each time so maybe less wear on the pole. The slim connect was great, it coped with getting pulled round corners without snagging or disconnecting.

For anyone who want's to cut down on clutter of loops of pole hose in the van and save some time I would recommend the Tuff Tubeless Kit from @Skxawng at www.rootek-designs.co.uk There is even a 20% off coupon 'WCF20' .

Just to clarify I have no affiliation with @Skxawng - I'm really impressed at the design, implementation and use of the product.
Thanks, I've only just seen your review! Glad you're getting on well with it ?

Just an update:
Today my pole hose froze and I discovered a great feature of @Skxawng Rootek designs Tubeless system. In most other systems the male rectus is held by a sort of bung, which means that if you want to remove the pole hose to defrost it it's tricky but with Rootek designs just undo the gooseneck and the whole lot just slides out so you can defrost it!
No idea if this was factored into the design but made defrosting so much quicker.

Still getting on great with the tubless system. Might buy a spare coupler and a Tuff Connect as my Tuff Connect slim is a little tricky getting back together in such cold temps.

Latest Posts

Back