Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back of van storage system ideas.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PR Cleaning Solutions

Hi all,

I drive a 4 year old ford transit custom, so a decent size van, my 500 litre water tank is up against the bulkhead behind the driver seat, so I have some storage space by the sliding door and when I open the back compartment doors I have all that space too.

I have a rack for some poles overhead but I find it hard to layout all my other gear.

I have Gardiner backpack, wanting to get a second one, 2 x hose trolleys, clothing for rain gear etc, virosol, indoor window cleaning equipment, spare hoses, brushes, connectors, buckets, gutter vac about to arrive, has anyone a near storage system?

A local guy said he could do a second floor in front of the tank but he only does timber and I feel over the years it will deteriorate from water drops etc.

Would love some ideas or photos of what ye guys have done or can recommend.

Thanks

Out of interest, why are you using backpacks? Surely if you have a tank on the van you'd be better with a van mounted system? It doesn't take up much room at all, and is pretty cheap to put together, plus easier to maintain than a gardiner backpack. I put one in last year and haven't looked back, the not having to return to your vehicle to get water is a massive plus. Just a thought before you rearrange the van.

Out of interest, why are you using backpacks? Surely if you have a tank on the van you'd be better with a van mounted system? It doesn't take up much room at all, and is pretty cheap to put together, plus easier to maintain than a gardiner backpack. I put one in last year and haven't looked back, the not having to return to your vehicle to get water is a massive plus. Just a thought before you rearrange the van.
Back packs come in handy on for certain jobs ie terrace houses or houses where you would have to go through the house with a messy hose. Also one of my custys is nearly blind so I use a back pack on her windows just to eliminate the risk of her tripping up on my hose.

Back packs also come in handy for spraying chemicals on plastic cleans and softwashing.

Hi all,

I drive a 4 year old ford transit custom, so a decent size van, my 500 litre water tank is up against the bulkhead behind the driver seat, so I have some storage space by the sliding door and when I open the back compartment doors I have all that space too.

I have a rack for some poles overhead but I find it hard to layout all my other gear.

I have Gardiner backpack, wanting to get a second one, 2 x hose trolleys, clothing for rain gear etc, virosol, indoor window cleaning equipment, spare hoses, brushes, connectors, buckets, gutter vac about to arrive, has anyone a near storage system?

A local guy said he could do a second floor in front of the tank but he only does timber and I feel over the years it will deteriorate from water drops etc.

Thanks
Ask him to use proper marine ply. Will up the costs as it’s currently up to £80 a sheet for 18mm though he’ll probably be building in 12mm I suspect. It’ll probably outlive the van but If you’re really concerned then epoxy it. Good enough for boats so it’ll certainly be good enough for a few drips. Regular ply isn’t really ideal but it’ll probably still outlast you.

Grippatank used to sell storage boxes and various storage for the top of tanks and back door storage for brushes,clothes,bottles etc not sure if they still do.
I have the door cards on a transit custom but to be honest the quality isn’t great for the price.

I have a van mounted system, that’s the 500 litre tank I was saying in the back of the van, I have that bolted to the chassis of the van. The gardiner back packs I use to spray virosol to gutters and fascia’s from the ground with a pole.

Hi all,

Thanks

Your gutter vac is what's going to take up some room. My poles are in itthe bag they were delivered in. I've strapped them up where my bulkhead reaches the van's roof. I have a small 30litre vac, but that takes up a lot of room along with an electrical cable drum.
Not sure how much room you will have above the tank to make storage shelves though.

Your gutter vac is what's going to take up some room. My poles are in itthe bag they were delivered in. I've strapped them up where my bulkhead reaches the van's roof. I have a small 30litre vac, but that takes up a lot of room along with an electrical cable drum.
Not sure how much room you will have above the tank to make storage shelves though.
To be honest someone has suggest the grippatank storage and that’s exactly what I’m looking for, I can put 4 shelves on the doors, this will store an awful lot and I think I will look to get the back and sides lined with a 18mm ply like someone suggested and a second flooring system. That should be enough for what I need.

Latest Posts

Back