Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New business: Delivery only Vs RO/DI System.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The problem with this though is not everyone is close. I’m in Glasgow and there are no fitters here, not since you stopped doing it. Window Cleaning Warehouse do fit in Liverpool I think but then it’s a non crash tested system.
Saying that, I think Ionics have a fitter in Newcastle. But that’s still a half a day’s journey at least.
I build systems then people get them installed by they local garage or there is a company in Airdrie that has installed a number of our systems.

Here is one I did last week 500 Litre Upright 2 man DI delivery system | By Daqua | Facebook

The problem with this though is not everyone is close. I’m in Glasgow and there are no fitters here, not since you stopped doing it. Window Cleaning Warehouse do fit in Liverpool I think but then it’s a non crash tested system.
Saying that, I think Ionics have a fitter in Newcastle. But that’s still a half a day’s journey at least.
Probably the reason why every window cleaner up here is not wfp.

Just thinking about this, the single biggest thing which sped me up and allowed me to complete the work in a good time was upping my flow-rate. I have the pump at about 80 on the controller and burn through 7-800 litres a day. You're just not poncing around trying to rinse and spending an age cleaning out the gap between the window and the sill on first cleans. It all just washes down the window. You barley need to rinse at all. Honestly, I've been through all manner of rinse bars and jets, but the single biggest thing you can do to increase speed is a big tank of water you produced. And to start with, you will do so many first cleans you will want to flush the frames and sills out with a ton of water.

Read what some of the guys say who have their pumps turned up high, they're not messing around with a few litres of water. If you build up enough customers to survive, you want loads of water.

Just thinking about this, the single biggest thing which sped me up and allowed me to complete the work in a good time was upping my flow-rate. I have the pump at about 80 on the controller and burn through 7-800 litres a day. You're just not poncing around trying to rinse and spending an age cleaning out the gap between the window and the sill on first cleans. It all just washes down the window. You barley need to rinse at all. Honestly, I've been through all manner of rinse bars and jets, but the single biggest thing you can do to increase speed is a big tank of water you produced. And to start with, you will do so many first cleans you will want to flush the frames and sills out with a ton of water.

Read what some of the guys say who have their pumps turned up high, they're not messing around with a few litres of water. If you build up enough customers to survive, you want loads of water.
How many customers are you doing a day to use that much water, and is that just you or do you have a 2 man system? What kind of jets are you running on your brush head? Thanks in advance. That kind of info is really helpful.

Telling someone they're pouncing around whilst you go through 7-800ltrs a day doesn't give any context really does it.

I can clean 20-30 houses a day of varying sizes using my 425ltr tank I only work 6-7 hours a day and don't need a big transit-sized van either, I use 100-degree fan jets with a flow of 60 more than enough flow without going overboard and wasting water

Just to add to this thread, I am looking at Van's now and I am completely blown away by how much ULEZ is stuffing up the choice. They are pretty much forcing us into buying the latest Van's at extortionate money. I think the best option is to just stuff it and buy an affordable van and then build the ulez cost into the price of the cleans for the day. 12.50/day is nothing if you build it into the cost of business really. It just goes to show that ULEZ is nothing to do with clean air, no matter how much Sadiq Khan bleats about kids dying of poor air. If it truly was, he would ban all vehicles that dont meet air quality measurements and be done with it. Instead he taxes people for the privilege of using their Van's to work. If he really gave a toss he would close the london underground. Imagine what that does to peoples health.

Just to add to this thread, I am looking at Van's now and I am completely blown away by how much ULEZ is stuffing up the choice. They are pretty much forcing us into buying the latest Van's at extortionate money. I think the best option is to just stuff it and buy an affordable van and then build the ulez cost into the price of the cleans for the day. 12.50/day is nothing if you build it into the cost of business really. It just goes to show that ULEZ is nothing to do with clean air, no matter how much Sadiq Khan bleats about kids dying of poor air. If it truly was, he would ban all vehicles that dont meet air quality measurements and be done with it. Instead he taxes people for the privilege of using their Van's to work. If he really gave a toss he would close the london underground. Imagine what that does to peoples health.
Wait till the congestion charge rolls right out to the M25 on Xmas day 2025 how many will still be paying monthly for a new or late ulez compliant van that they had to finance from today ??‍♂️ So many people focused on the immediate ulez & Kahn ,pay per mile thing that they ain’t looking forward to see where their gonna be in 2 years time when they will be paying the daily congestion charge regardless if it’s compliant, electric or a horse drawn van

Wait till the congestion charge rolls right out to the M25 on Xmas day 2025 how many will still be paying monthly for a new or late ulez compliant van that they had to finance from today ??‍♂️ So many people focused on the immediate ulez & Kahn ,pay per mile thing that they ain’t looking forward to see where their gonna be in 2 years time when they will be paying the daily congestion charge regardless if it’s compliant, electric or a horse drawn van
Slightly off topic but what I don't get is this push for more non-polluting vehicles my old van a 64-plate was more polluting than my current euro-5 engine but I'm paying more VED on my current van, I'm just pleased I'm well out of the way of cities that I don't need to travel into

Slightly off topic but what I don't get is this push for more non-polluting vehicles my old van a 64-plate was more polluting than my current euro-5 engine but I'm paying more VED on my current van, I'm just pleased I'm well out of the way of cities that I don't need to travel into
It's all a bit confusing really. Our 2003 Citroën Xsara 2.0hdi isn't affected by the Newcastle Upon Tyne LEZ, but my 2012 Peugeot Boxer van with dpf filter is.

The road tax system is all over the place a while back I had a 2012 Bmw diesel I think it was silly like £30 for the year and a 2014 1.5 Mercedes petrol £180 ish ??‍♂️

One of our customers has just picked up a 2008 Volvo XC90 for £600. 127K on the clock, full service history. He went to tax it this morning. £675 per year.
This is becoming the norm lovely cars but they are being priced off the road anything that’s not euro 6 in a short space of time will be the same a friend of mine has a Hyundai i800 people carrier euro 5 2014 and that’s around £400

This is becoming the norm lovely cars but they are being priced off the road anything that’s not euro 6 in a short space of time will be the same a friend of mine has a Hyundai i800 people carrier euro 5 2014 and that’s around £400
That's the gov plan though!!! While technically they won't stop petrol and diesel cars being used after 2030 they will just tax them out of existence either through fuel duty or 'road fund licence'.
Funny how the gov are looking at increasing airport capacity in the UK but not legislating for any reduction in emissions from their engines!

It's all a bit confusing really. Our 2003 Citroën Xsara 2.0hdi isn't affected by the Newcastle Upon Tyne LEZ, but my 2012 Peugeot Boxer van with dpf filter is.
Just pleased I don't need to go Newcastle, I just hope it never comes to Durham city

The road tax system is all over the place a while back I had a 2012 Bmw diesel I think it was silly like £30 for the year and a 2014 1.5 Mercedes petrol £180 ish ??‍♂️
It's mad my wife has berlingo and some people are paying around £30 as well and my wife is paying £130 similar aged motors as well.

It's mad my wife has berlingo and some people are paying around £30 as well and my wife is paying £130 similar aged motors as well.
I don't understand how this taxation works. My son has a 2002 hdi Berlingo. High annual road fund licence. Yet back in 2002 the Xsara Estate was available as a van as well and that was more expensive than the estate car was. Same engine. They are targeting commercial vehicles.

I don't understand how this taxation works. My son has a 2002 hdi Berlingo. High annual road fund licence. Yet back in 2002 the Xsara Estate was available as a van as well and that was more expensive than the estate car was. Same engine. They are targeting commercial vehicles.
Yeah someone stated on a FB group that theirs is classed as a car so it's cheaper I told them we have a multi-space so a car, not a bleedin van, I hadn't thought about it too much until I got stung with my new van.

Yep. I have a mate who bought a Ford Fiesta van with the 1.6Diesel engine in that comes in normal fiestas, peugeot's, citroens and Vauxhalls I think. In the cars they are mainly Zero tax but as it's a van he pays the £240 or what ever it has gone up to even though it's the same low emissions as the cars!
He wants to replace it but Ford wont make them with diesels in any more so he has to go for a Courier which is bigger, heavier, has worse fuel consumption but still van road tax!
I know the road tax situation is messed up but why don't the just put the tax on fuel - people who do more mileage pay more, worse fuel consumption ( worse emissions) pay more and is more difficult to avoid paying it let alone cheaper to collect than road tax!

Yep. I have a mate who bought a Ford Fiesta van with the 1.6Diesel engine in that comes in normal fiestas, peugeot's, citroens and Vauxhalls I think. In the cars they are mainly Zero tax but as it's a van he pays the £240 or what ever it has gone up to even though it's the same low emissions as the cars!
He wants to replace it but Ford wont make them with diesels in any more so he has to go for a Courier which is bigger, heavier, has worse fuel consumption but still van road tax!
I know the road tax situation is messed up but why don't the just put the tax on fuel - people who do more mileage pay more, worse fuel consumption ( worse emissions) pay more and is more difficult to avoid paying it let alone cheaper to collect than road tax!
But these people, companies, already pay far more than low mileage drivers as the duty on fuel is around 70% so are probably, percentage wise, far worse off.

Latest Posts

Back