Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help setting up a two man system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hello, I have a Transit custom working on my own with a 400l tank which ive out grown. Im going to buy a 800l upright tank and strap it to the bulkhead.

Do i need just one outlet coming from the tank?? or two if i'm running two pumps?

Also will i need two vessels or just one?

If anyone has any drawings of layout or electrical drawings on how i set up the system it would be greatly appreciated.

i have an idea on how to do it but just asking all the silly questions so i know for sure.

Thank you in advance

I wouldn’t want to have an 800 ltr tank strapped in it needs fixing properly through the floor , depending on the size of the tank outlet you could get away with just one but may experience cavitation , ime assuming you are purifying the water after the tank with di only ? most purify before it goes into the tank then you don't need any di after the pumps .

I have a custom310 I have a 800 litre tank in it all properly secured down water is purified in the garage. Be careful I was advised to go for this pay load a 290 may not have enough payload depends what else you are carrying

Hello, I have a Transit custom working on my own with a 400l tank which ive out grown. Im going to buy a 800l upright tank and strap it to the bulkhead.
As others have said, you need to check your van's payload and if it's able to carry the weight, then it must be secured properly. There has been a report of a window cleaner being involved in a very minor accident (described as a bumped bashing accident) where his not properly secured tank slid forward and impaled the cleaner on his steering wheel. A bulkhead is good, but not everything. It's also important that the weight is properly distributed so you don't overload either axle, even if the van's payload is suitable. I have a Peugeot Boxer 333 van and I can't secure a 650 litre tank against my bulkhead as my front axle will be totally overloaded. You need to have a professional fitting this tank who knows what they are doing.
Do i need just one outlet coming from the tank?? or two if i'm running two pumps?
No, you just need one outlet tee'd off into two. A tank that size with have a 1" BSP outlet. You will need a controller and pump for each operator.
Also will i need two vessels or just one?
If you process water into an IBC tank at home and transfer water to your van, then use a single DI vessel after the r/o so you are transferring pure water. You don't need a DI vessel on the van if you do it this way.
If anyone has any drawings of layout or electrical drawings on how i set up the system it would be greatly appreciated.
Duplicate your current electrical system for a second operator. It's not complicated.
i have an idea on how to do it but just asking all the silly questions so i know for sure.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back