Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Renault Kangoo swb ideas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Streety

Hey all,

I'm downsizing from a ford transit custom with a 650ltr tank 2 man system to a Renault Kangoo ze (not a maxi) and I'm planning on putting in a 350ltr for a 1 man system.

However I'm wondering if 350ltr upright is best tank for it as a 400ltr I think is thinner by maybe 20cm or so, so free's up more floor space.

I already own the 350ltr tank from when I used to work on my own, but I had that in a caddy which has slightly more room I think. So thinking maybe 400 or even a 300 would be better than the 350ltr?

Just wondering if anyone else has a kangoo, what tank they have and how they arrange their equipment in. Will help give me an idea of how much spave (if any ?) and how best to utilize that space.

Many thanks everyone ?

One thing to consider about a 400lts upright tank is the space between the top of the tank and the roof of the van. i.e. is there enough space for your poles to fit in the space between the tank and roof.
A critical thing is how much water do you need per day, and the payload of the van?

Thanks for your response, that's true, Ive search all over the internet for builds in a kangoo but I can't find many pictures, i found one with a 400 litre tank (not sure it is a kangoo though, probably Partner or Berlingo but it looks like there's a decent amount of space above, but it was hard to tell as they didn't have the pole above the tank.

I would probably use around 200 - 250ltr a day like to have the extra capacity for larger jobs and first cleans etc.

I think the payload is 650kg so 400 would be biggest for it's size I think

I have a Vauxhall combo/Fiat Doblo very similar in size to a Kangoo I have a 350ltr upright PureFreedom system fitted in mine and an electric reel bolted in plenty of space for me to carry x2 25ltr containers as well plus toolbox and tubs of spares etc you ain't going to save much space by putting a 400ltr upright tank in.

Thanks for your response, that's true, Ive search all over the internet for builds in a kangoo but I can't find many pictures, i found one with a 400 litre tank (not sure it is a kangoo though, probably Partner or Berlingo but it looks like there's a decent amount of space above, but it was hard to tell as they didn't have the pole above the tank.

I would probably use around 200 - 250ltr a day like to have the extra capacity for larger jobs and first cleans etc.

I think the payload is 650kg so 400 would be biggest for it's size I think
If your payload is only 650kg you will struggle. 400lts of water = 400kg, tank and frame 50kg, reel 10kg, leisure battery 25kg, fuel 80kg, person 80kg = 645kg. So only 5kg left for bits and bobs and not able to take a passenger!

I think you need either a bigger payload or a 250lts tank!

Tbh that’s gonna look heavy and the other people are likely to give you a tug they carry plates about that you drive onto to fine you per kg on the spot, doblo is a good little van for weight they hold a tonne I had a jumbo bag of ballast in mine pulled ok

If your payload is only 650kg you will struggle. 400lts of water = 400kg, tank and frame 50kg, reel 10kg, leisure battery 25kg, fuel 80kg, person 80kg = 645kg. So only 5kg left for bits and bobs and not able to take a passenger!

I think you need either a bigger payload or a 250lts tank!
No fuel in a Kangoo ZE
But I agree, my bipper had an official payload of 650, but in reality I couldn't fill my 350 tank full.
Though space wise the 350 I found was perfect for my small van. Had room on top for poles to go over and room at the back doors for the reel and backpack.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies guys it's been very helpful!! You have given me confidence That there should be adequate room to fit everything I need. Do you think I could squeeze in a small gutter vac?

So just double checked the figures and officially it's max loading capacity is 625kg which is less than I expected!!

So if I had a 350ltr tank - 400kg including cage & tank + leisure battery 25kg + reel 10kg + ladders 16kg + my weight 65kg.

My maths brings this to a remaining payload of around 100kg - 110kg give or take.

Do you think I would be cutting it close?

It won't be often that I fill up to 350 though, only when I have extra jobs or including first cleans maybe.

Thanks for your replies guys it's been very helpful!! You have given me confidence That there should be adequate room to fit everything I need. Do you think I could squeeze in a small gutter vac?

So just double checked the figures and officially it's max loading capacity is 625kg which is less than I expected!!

So if I had a 350ltr tank - 400kg including cage & tank + leisure battery 25kg + reel 10kg + ladders 16kg + my weight 65kg.

My maths brings this to a remaining payload of around 100kg - 110kg give or take.

Do you think I would be cutting it close?

It won't be often that I fill up to 350 though, only when I have extra jobs or including first cleans maybe.

MY payload is 675kg, I personally think you'll be fine with having around 100kg of weight remaining which is around what I'd have with mine carrying the extra two containers my van handles the weight well isn't on it's ar-se on a morning when full either and drives without feeling overloaded.

MY payload is 675kg, I personally think you'll be fine with having around 100kg of weight remaining which is around what I'd have with mine carrying the extra two containers my van handles the weight well isn't on it's ar-se on a morning when full either and drives without feeling overloaded.

Thats a relief ? that's good to know because I started worrying last night as I already put a deposit down for the van last week thinking I wouldn't get close to the payload limit with a 350ltr tank ?

Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated!!

Im looking forward to kitting it out when I get it. Will post a picture when it's completed ??

I have a citan swb, I think it's basically the same van with a different brand on it. I have a 325 compact tank in it. I had to take the bulkhead out to fit the poles in. I cable tied 2 bits of gutter to the inside of the roof for the poles they slide into. When the bulkheads removed they easily fit.

Back