Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP out of small van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Always makes me laugh the worries about mileage.   

My wife is from the Philippines and we have a Ford Ranger we keep down there and it has done over 250k and runs like the day it came out the showroom.  

My brother inlaw is a big time construction contractor and has all types of vehicles that have done between 500k and round the clock and then some. 

Here in the UK vehicles are almost a disposable item...... we drive them till the wheels fall off and scrap them. If we were more like the African and asian countries and took maintenance as seriously as we should you wouldnt think twice about buying a ford or toyota diesel with 500k on the clock. 
Got to agree I bought my little van which was 3 years old with over 58k on the clock I think most avoided it as they it had being at the local depot for a few months it had being well looked after with all the history and service intervals logged 58k is nowt for a commercial vehicle. I've had it almost 12 weeks now and it's a great little van. 

The issue in the UK which you also outline is people don't like to service their motors as they should or they stick to the manufacturers recommendation with my van its over 18k miles for a oil change  :1f635:  it will be getting done at every annual service regardless and I will only be doing around 4k miles a year. 

That said every van out of north is so much above the level down here in the end my brother bought off Charles hurst good main dealer and the spec of van he definitely saved 3 grand

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Yeah good solid dealer Charles Hurst, got missus car from there. It's just a joke how expensive motors are over here. Always onto a loser when you trade off and buy down here.

Does everyone bolt their tank through the chassis floor or just use ratchet straps on d rings? Just wondering how people fair out if with:

1) Insurance Company - Do they prefer safety (as is bolted and totally secure) or maybe not making modifications to the chassis floor?

2) Selling your van on with the modifications, if you have drilled holes through chassis floor & you are looking to sell your van through a dealer surely this would be an issue?

I actually haven't seen a single youtube video of anyone bolting through the chassis to secure the water tank, which I would be curious to see done. 

Yeh I bolted through, well paid a mechanic I know £20 to do it. 

Then just rang insurance and they asked how it’s fitted and they gave me a reasonable price.

Selling on haven’t even thought about it. 

Does everyone bolt their tank through the chassis floor or just use ratchet straps on d rings? Just wondering how people fair out if with:

1) Insurance Company - Do they prefer safety (as is bolted and totally secure) or maybe not making modifications to the chassis floor?

2) Selling your van on with the modifications, if you have drilled holes through chassis floor & you are looking to sell your van through a dealer surely this would be an issue?

I actually haven't seen a single youtube video of anyone bolting through the chassis to secure the water tank, which I would be curious to see done. 
Agree mate, or how to ratchet a tank in properly

My steel frame came with the bolts & washers etc, My mate/mechanic measured out the underneath, then we put the tank & frame in long ways, only 4 bolts, did them up with a drill bit & put some sort of filler/sealer on the bolts as well. 

It it took him about 45 minutes with me watching, getting in the way at times & helping a little as well. Then the steel retaining frame was pretty straight forward, it’s just two arms that go up & over and down the other side. They take 5 minutes to put on/off with a socket set. 

P.M me if you want pics etc

My steel frame came with the bolts & washers etc, My mate/mechanic measured out the underneath, then we put the tank & frame in long ways, only 4 bolts, did them up with a drill bit & put some sort of filler/sealer on the bolts as well. 

It it took him about 45 minutes with me watching, getting in the way at times & helping a little as well. Then the steel retaining frame was pretty straight forward, it’s just two arms that go up & over and down the other side. They take 5 minutes to put on/off with a socket set. 

P.M me if you want pics etc

Going to fit mine next week what size spreader plates did you use underneath mate

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back