Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to get a used van with a compatible van-mounted wfp system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DannyBe

Hi everyone. I am about to buy my first pre-owned Partner (or Connect, Combo, Berlingo) along with some compatible van-mounted wfp system (with a circa 350 l water tank) on a limited budget (circa £5-7k altogether).

If you were today in the same situation, would you buy the two things (the second-hand van and the van-mounted wfp system) separately, or would you buy them altogether from one and the same seller (i.e. most likely another window cleaner or window cleaning company)?

I currently consider buying separately a used van from a local motor dealer and a new compact and pre-assembled wfp system from someone like Xline Systems Ltd, but without personal experience I can't figure out all the pros and cons of each of the above two purchase alternatives.

Many thanks for any piece of useful advice or warning!

If you buy a second hand system then you don't know how old the components are but you save money so you could buy spares? Also you really need to see how a system is installed if buying a used complete van and system. i.e. the tank needs to be bolted through the chassis with spreader plates not just strapped in. 

Have a look at Bailey WFP Systems Limited - they are quite good systems at a reasonable price. On their web site they list just delivery systems up to full RO/Di systems installed or for you to install. They are not the best of system but they seem good for a budget system. They also sell vans with their systems installed which seem quite reasonable value for money. I have no idea on vehicle warranty.

The cheapest way might be for you to buy a van and fit your own diy system but you need time and some skills to do that. It is all quite straight forward to do.

Hi everyone. I am about to buy my first pre-owned Partner (or Connect, Combo, Berlingo) along with some compatible van-mounted wfp system (with a circa 350 l water tank) on a limited budget (circa £5-7k altogether).

If you were today in the same situation, would you buy the two things (the second-hand van and the van-mounted wfp system) separately, or would you buy them altogether from one and the same seller (i.e. most likely another window cleaner or window cleaning company)?

I currently consider buying separately a used van from a local motor dealer and a new compact and pre-assembled wfp system from someone like Xline Systems Ltd, but without personal experience I can't figure out all the pros and cons of each of the above two purchase alternatives.

Many thanks for any piece of useful advice or warning!
I'd personally just buy another van and build my own system again 

It's easy to buy second hand by what you don't know may bite your backside later 

How well maintained is an RO, are the pumps in good condition, is the wiring safe and so on, not to mention the service life of a van 

The prices of vans these days is shocking a 3 year old van with around 71,000 miles on is 12k my van is 7 years old with 70k on the clock and worth about 5k,

I'd buy the best van you could for your money to hopefully future proof yourself for a good few years, as for the system can you not get an interest free credit card or a loan from a family member I paid around £1,500 to have a 350ltr Pure Freedom sysytem fitted in April 2019 not sure of the cost these days with prices going up, Pure20 is it which are a sister company of Ionics do systems much cheaper than their flashy systems and I am guessing they are based in the Swindon Gloucester area maybe not to far from you

I got my first van second hand. Peugeot Partner 2017 plate with 59000 miles came with a 350L RO Xline WFP system fully fitted that was a year and a half old.

Bought the lot fof £8750. If you were to buy the same system brand new you're talking 3-4 grand, which leaves 4 grand for a van, good luck finding something decent for that price! 

Second hand systems are cheap so if starting out with a small budget I would do it, but air on the side of caution.

The prices of vans these days is shocking a 3 year old van with around 71,000 miles on is 12k my van is 7 years old with 70k on the clock and worth about 5k,

I'd buy the best van you could for your money to hopefully future proof yourself for a good few years, as for the system can you not get an interest free credit card or a loan from a family member I paid around £1,500 to have a 350ltr Pure Freedom sysytem fitted in April 2019 not sure of the cost these days with prices going up, Pure20 is it which are a sister company of Ionics do systems much cheaper than their flashy systems and I am guessing they are based in the Swindon Gloucester area maybe not to far from you
Hi there, I know this is an old thread, I'm just doing some research myself for a van system set up. How many hours or house cleans do you get from a 350l tank? Would you recommend the pure freedom range?
Thanks in advance,

Paul

Hi there, I know this is an old thread, I'm just doing some research myself for a van system set up. How many hours or house cleans do you get from a 350l tank? Would you recommend the pure freedom range?
Thanks in advance,

Paul
It's how long is a piece of string question as it's dependent on the size of the houses, fast forward to the present day and I no longer have a PF system as I replaced my van and went with Facelift 425ltr System with PowerUp Reel this gives me more water and it ain't as ugly as the PF systems

It's how long is a piece of string question as it's dependent on the size of the houses, fast forward to the present day and I no longer have a PF system as I replaced my van and went with Facelift 425ltr System with PowerUp Reel this gives me more water and it ain't as ugly as the PF systems
You're getting very sad thinking your system is good looking ??

It’s all that cold water barrel diving it’s frozen his brain ?????
What I meant was that with a PF system, everything is on show pump controller, wiring, battery etc, with my new system everything isn't on show and it just looks a lot tidier in the back of the van, I do like things to be tidy and not have things on show that's just my personal preference,

The water is never cold enough to freeze my brain because I am a tough Northerner, not a soft shandy shandy-drinking Southerner ?

Thank you. I've been looking at the facelift system. Biggest I can go is 350l as I only have a ford courier, bought new in 2020
Then buy a 325ltr Facelift with a PowerUp reel and carry a 25ltr container in the van that's your 350ltrs sorted the benefit I found with mine is that because the reel is mounted on the top of the tank when I fitted the Waterworks HD Pulley I didn't have to remove the spare wheel and because the reel is high up the pulley/rollers work problem-free even though they aren't fitted centrally, I'll post a photo later today to show you what I mean.

Many thanks for any piece of useful advice or warning!
Where are you based Danny?

Back