Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Van Mounted System

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Davy,

Again like the others offered some very valuable information i have just been pricing up a ibc and bigger filter system was looking at this https://www.eastmidlandswater.com/reverse-osmosis-merlin-tankless-reverse-osmosis/539

what are your thoughts on using this to fill a IBC i would have to look into the auto shut off of course. could i ask what system you have in your van as there are so many systems about arent there.
Forget that r/o.

Its designed as an under counter water purifier for use in the kitchen. They are a plug and play r/o but they aren't very efficient at removing impurities in the water as they don't have to for drinking water.

What you save initially you will spend on resin to polish the water off. Ask a fellow windie down the road from me. He has one. When it was new his was removing 90% of the dissolved solids in the water where my 4040 was removing 98% - same water, same water pressure.

The equivalent is a 4021 with a quality membrane. At 40 psi water pressure you will need a booster pump.

As far as a system is concerned I would certain look at PureFreedom. Their tanks aren't fancy but their frames are well made. I've used a Wydale tank since the beginning and they have served me well. There are a lot of windies in the North East who have their systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget that r/o.

Its designed as an under counter water purifier for use in the kitchen. They are a plug and play r/o but they aren't very efficient at removing impurities in the water as they don't have to for drinking water.

What you save initially you will spend on resin to polish the water off. Ask a fellow windie down the road from me. He has one. When it was new his was removing 90% of the dissolved solids in the water where my 4040 was removing 98% - same water, same water pressure.

The equivalent is a 4021 with a quality membrane. At 40 psi water pressure you will need a booster pump.

As far as a system is concerned I would certain look at PureFreedom. Their tanks aren't fancy but their frames are well made. I've used a Wydale tank since the beginning and they have served me well. There are a lot of windies in the North East who have their systems.
Thank you for your reply Spruce,

I have now brought my new system decided to go with a 350L that can be topped up the system is from Thecleaningwearhouse its https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/the-new-water-genie-platinum-range-6343-p.asp

rang them up had a really good conversation mentioned what alot had said about not being able to top up if i run out of water during the day and if anything breaks not being able to work they assured me this system can be filled without using the filter system is needs be. The system also has a system on it telling you when you need change your filters and how many liters you have waste and pure all looks good and systems good to me.

The reason i decided to go for the 350 tank was my day can be a mixed day of work maybe some gutter vacs then windows so thought with the added weight of the gutter vac and poles when i get one that is lol just thought id try and think of future work.

now to what you mentioned about the RO currently using a little self built system producing 300GPD of water which is stored in a 350L water butt produced at 001PPM i change my pre filters once a month question is do i plan for the worst spend alot of money setting up a 1000L IBC and a good RO system incase of any system issues on the van or stick to my little system but always keep 350L in my tank in the garage ?

Back