Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ZERO DS WFP SYSTEMS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Halesy

Hi everything. Massive thanks to everyone on my post other day about switching from traditional over to wfp. After what everyone said I'm now considering going for full van mounted ro/di system. Has anyone used zero ds wfp systems before? They really impressed me on the phone today and are the by far the closest company to where I live. thanks again

Hi everything. Massive thanks to everyone on my post other day about switching from traditional over to wfp. After what everyone said I'm now considering going for full van mounted ro/di system. Has anyone used zero ds wfp systems before? They really impressed me on the phone today and are the by far the closest company to where I live. thanks again
Not hurd of them , try doing google reviews see what they are like .

@JohnDoeWindows had a system refitted by them I believe, What I don't like about their website is the lack of information on their systems more so the R/O a decent membrane for a 40/40 or 40/21 is around £200 you need information on what they are installing I have a 40/21 low-pressure membrane which can work as low as 30psi some don't work that low then you'll need to spend £100's more on a booster pump and these things don't run quietly either and will be more noisy in the back of a van

Also with an onboard system without a booster pump your van will sit on your drive for hours filling up you'll need to work out fill times so you don't flood your van float switches can avoid this but they can also fail, if you got home at 4pm and started filling up and it was taking 8 hours to fill you'll be up till 12pm these are things to consider dependant on your own circumstances you need to know that it will work for you no matter what,

Having an onboard RO/DI system will mean external ports exposed hoses in winter that can freeze and also it will be more expensive to install

Looks interesting, not too far from me, reckon they're f

@JohnDoeWindows had a system refitted by them I believe, What I don't like about their website is the lack of information on their systems more so the R/O a decent membrane for a 40/40 or 40/21 is around £200 you need information on what they are installing I have a 40/21 low-pressure membrane which can work as low as 30psi some don't work that low then you'll need to spend £100's more on a booster pump and these things don't run quietly either and will be more noisy in the back of a van

Also with an onboard system without a booster pump your van will sit on your drive for hours filling up you'll need to work out fill times so you don't flood your van float switches can avoid this but they can also fail, if you got home at 4pm and started filling up and it was taking 8 hours to fill you'll be up till 12pm these are things to consider dependant on your own circumstances you need to know that it will work for you no matter what,

Having an onboard RO/DI system will mean external ports exposed hoses in winter that can freeze and also it will be more expensive to install
Hi mate thanks for the reply. It is a low pressure membrane. I'm still waiting on my plumber mate to bring his psi tester around. Said it be this weekend. I'm sure we got really good pressure tho.
The onboard system does include a auto switch off. R these known to fail regularly? Is it not same risk if I have a static ro system in the garage? Same with freezing in the garage?
Do you think static system is best way to go? Either way works for me. I have the space

Hi mate thanks for the reply. It is a low pressure membrane. I'm still waiting on my plumber mate to bring his psi tester around. Said it be this weekend. I'm sure we got really good pressure tho.
The onboard system does include a auto switch off. R these known to fail regularly? Is it not same risk if I have a static ro system in the garage? Same with freezing in the garage?
Do you think static system is best way to go? Either way works for me. I have the space
Get him to tell you exactly what membrane it is and we can tell if it is a decent one.

I am not sure how many fail but if it does you'll have a flooded van unless you have a sloping driveway and reverse onto it and it can go out the back doors instead of into the cab, also a garage is easier to dry out than a van I should know I've flooded mine plenty :ROFLMAO: I run my R/O during the day and my wife can check on how full my static tank is and she knows when to check back on it if it's full enough she's better than any float switch

As for freezing in the garage, not much risk at all the only thing that will freeze if not disconnected is the hose from the tap to the R/O and the waste hose they will freeze, it's usually the ports fitted externally on a van that will freeze solid admittedly we don't get many really cold nights these days but it's something to bare in mind.

Get him to tell you exactly what membrane it is and we can tell if it is a decent one.

I am not sure how many fail but if it does you'll have a flooded van unless you have a sloping driveway and reverse onto it and it can go out the back doors instead of into the cab, also a garage is easier to dry out than a van I should know I've flooded mine plenty :ROFLMAO: I run my R/O during the day and my wife can check on how full my static tank is and she knows when to check back on it if it's full enough she's better than any float switch

As for freezing in the garage, not much risk at all the only thing that will freeze if not disconnected is the hose from the tap to the R/O and the waste hose they will freeze, it's usually the ports fitted externally on a van that will freeze solid admittedly we don't get many really cold nights these days but it's something to bare in mind.
It's a filter logic fast flow, low pressure 40/40 membrane.
Haha make sense with the wife. I'd definitely get mine to do the same. Can't risk flooding with all My fishing gear

It's a filter logic fast flow, low pressure 40/40 membrane.
Haha make sense with the wife. I'd definitely get mine to do the same. Can't risk flooding with all My fishing gear
FilterLogic Membrane 4040-XLE Low Pressure 2,600 GPD Commercial Reverse Osmosis | eBay Not a low pressure membrane it has an operating pressure of 100psi they can be bought for £160 you'll need a booster pump so add an extra £2-300, Edit, I'm pretty sure it means it has an operating pressure of a 100psi and that's what it needs no mention though of it's minimum operating pressure

As we said in your other post don't buy from anyone other than Daqua

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240224-094040.png
    Screenshot_20240224-094040.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I had them come out to my property and refit my PureFreedom system after removing it from the previous van. It was all very convenient and done on my driveway, which you can't knock really - I live miles away and it was still cheaper than what PureFreedom wanted for the job.

The thing that I liked about the bloke, Neal, was he was/is a window cleaner first, and he knows every system like the back of his hand and can offer genuine advice; for example he swore me off the power up reels and recommended I stick with PureFreedom so you're getting some impartial advice, rather than if I was to go to sy xline for example, they're going to tell you about how great their products are and no downsides..

Not a low pressure membrane it has an operating pressure of 100psi they can be bought of Amazon for £160https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crystal-Filter-RO-XLE-4040-Pressure-Membrane/dp/B07CY2D58T and the reviews aren't good you'll need a booster pump so add an extra £2-300

As we said in your other post don't buy from anyone other than Daqua
Wow u guys really do go above and beyond in this forum. I just tried calling daqua then realised they closed at weekends so will ring again Monday. Probably for best as know psi then.
I did get good quotes from zero ds for just a delivery system fitted wouldn't work out much difference to do that with ro in garage

I had them come out to my property and refit my PureFreedom system after removing it from the previous van. It was all very convenient and done on my driveway, which you can't knock really - I live miles away and it was still cheaper than what PureFreedom wanted for the job.

The thing that I liked about the bloke, Neal, was he was/is a window cleaner first, and he knows every system like the back of his hand and can offer genuine advice; for example he swore me off the power up reels and recommended I stick with PureFreedom so you're getting some impartial advice, rather than if I was to go to sy xline for example, they're going to tell you about how great their products are and no downside
Yea read alot good things about this neal. Good thing is they only 30 miles from me so have that aftercare option close by

Wow u guys really do go above and beyond in this forum. I just tried calling daqua then realised they closed at weekends so will ring again Monday. Probably for best as know psi then.
I did get good quotes from zero ds for just a delivery system fitted wouldn't work out much difference to do that with ro in garage
Far better, cheaper and easier, to produce your pure outside of the van. You only need a van mount if you travel and need a way to produce on the road.

can offer genuine advice; for example he swore me off the power up reels and recommended I stick with PureFreedom so you're getting some impartial advice,
The reel will just be a personal thing surely loads of people complained about the first two PowerUp reels my first chain-one never missed a beat other than needing to change a washer the belt-driven one's got complaints again but it makes you wonder what people are doing with them for a belt to snap I asked @Pjj as he has a few and was a tester for them he only had one belt snap on his reels

The belt-driven one which is no longer sold now, doesn't have the same power as the old chain-driven one and it doesn't reel in too well when loads of hose is out on grass, so I always pull mine off the grass so as not to put the belt or motor under any undue strain I'm guessing this is the potential cause of people snapping the belts and not using their common sense.

The reel will just be a personal thing surely loads of people complained about the first two PowerUp reels my first chain-one never missed a beat other than needing to change a washer the belt-driven one's got complaints again but it makes you wonder what people are doing with them for a belt to snap I asked @Pjj as he has a few and was a tester for them he only had one belt snap on his reels

The belt-driven one which is no longer sold now, doesn't have the same power as the old chain-driven one and it doesn't reel in too well when loads of hose is out on grass, so I always pull mine off the grass so as not to put the belt or motor under any undue strain I'm guessing this is the potential cause of people snapping the belts and not using their common sense.
We had 6 of them when they first came out still have 4 only one belt has snapped and they are used 5 days a week , with hot water , they arnt the fastest of reels but they work ok

FilterLogic 4040 Membrane Extra Low Pressure (100psi) @Halesy I found the supplier of that membrane they state it is an extra low-pressure membrane with a low operating pressure of 100psi so it's definitely not a low-pressure membrane at all
Appreciate that thank you. Think I'm going go for static set up in garage, will call daqua tomorrow and get a delivery system fitted from zero ds as they local to me. I did speak to a local window cleaner today and he reccomended the ro man.

Appreciate that thank you. Think I'm going go for static set up in garage, will call daqua tomorrow and get a delivery system fitted from zero ds as they local to me. I did speak to a local window cleaner today and he reccomended the ro man.
Doug will take you through everything and as I've said previously you'll get top quality pre-filters and a membrane as for RO-Man I can't comment on their systems but they don't list the brand of the membrane etc or enough specs, Myself and plenty of lads on here have gone to Daqua for well over 10 years which is why we always recommend him.

Doug will take you through everything and as I've said previously you'll get top quality pre-filters and a membrane as for RO-Man I can't comment on their systems but they don't list the brand of the membrane etc or enough specs, Myself and plenty of lads on here have gone to Daqua for well over 10 years which is why we always recommend him.
My first r/o was a 275gpd r/o. RO-Man supplied replacement 150GPD membranes, which I upgraded too. They supplied Filmtec membranes, they lasted me 6 years and worked very efficiently.
In those days, RO-Man were one of the few suppliers we could rely on for our filtration requirements. One bit of advice they gave me was to only buy American made membranes, as Chinese made ones were poor substitutes. That was 17 years ago, and I still consider that advice relevant.

We don't hear much from RO-Man these days as a supplier..

We now have just a 'couple' of trusted suppliers for wfp equipment; Exceed Innovations, Daqua and Gardiners.

@Halesy I don't have a system myself but they definitely pop up on the window cleaning Facebook groups alot. They seem nice enough people. If you go on the groups pop their name in the search bar and that should give you plenty of information ?

Latest Posts

Back