Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Zero Ds WFP review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windowcleaner88

Hi all, thought I’d just share a little review for the company ZERO DS WFP in case anyone is thinking about using them. They came out to me yesterday and done a system re fit into my new van they turned up when they said they would done the change over with in a few hours all completely hassle free, Neal who carried out the work was also very nice. I would definitely recommend them and will be using them again.

Cheers mate. Thats really useful to know as I`m planning on getting another van soon. So just to clarify he took the system out of your old van and fitted it into your new van? How long did it take him?

Either your all to rich or completely bone idle.

Surely people can sort there own systems out messing around with stuff in the van is by far the best part of the job.

Only way I'm changing my opinion is if you've got like 3 plus vans on the road.

Surely people can sort there own systems out messing around with stuff in the van is by far the best part of the job.

Well I can think of better ways of using my free time. If I had the equipment I might try and have a go myself but to be honest I can`t be arsed and yep moneys not really a problem. So yes I think you are right on both accounts there. Well idle maybe but definately not bone idle. :ROFLMAO:

It's having the tools as well as the skill and knowledge, nothing wrong with paying someone to do a job but I wouldn't part with £400-600 just to have a tank bolted in also dependent on moving systems it's a 2 man job for some as some systems with a heavyweight frame won't be light.

I opted for a facelift compact system this time as I knew I could move it from one van to the next on my own quite easily I managed to get it off the pallet it was delivered on and into the back of my van on my own as everything is integrated into the tank, not chance I could move a Purefreedom system on my own

It's having the tools as well as the skill and knowledge, nothing wrong with paying someone to do a job but I wouldn't part with £400-600 just to have a tank bolted in also dependent on moving systems it's a 2 man job for some as some systems with a heavyweight frame won't be light.

I opted for a facelift compact system this time as I knew I could move it from one van to the next on my own quite easily I managed to get it off the pallet it was delivered on and into the back of my van on my own as everything is integrated into the tank, not chance I could move a Purefreedom system on my own
Absolutely right. I don`t have the tools and am I right in thinking that you have to drop the fuel tank down so you can access the bolts that hold the tank in place? I mean I am still contemplating whether to sell my old van with the system in but its done 170000 miles and is 16 years old so not sure that there would be many takers. Having said that with a new mot and a service it would be more appealing.

Depends on how your company is doing. If you are making 200 to 300 a day and want to keep your time off then its a winner. I would much prefer someone who has all the tools and knowledge to do it if its the right price.

Two man job lol I put a 1000 ltr system in my van with filtration and boiler attached on my own ???

Attachments

• IMG_2931.jpeg
    IMG_2931.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2936.jpeg
    IMG_2936.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2937.jpeg
    IMG_2937.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2938.jpeg
    IMG_2938.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 62792709130__161D3DEF-5D6D-41D0-A677-33DB524935BF.jpeg
    62792709130__161D3DEF-5D6D-41D0-A677-33DB524935BF.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 11
Two man job lol I put a 1000 ltr system in my van with filtration and boiler attached on my own ???
Well done and did you enjoy doing it? It's nothing to do with earning 200 300 pounds per day and days off spent better its learning how stuff works and it helps keeping the brain ticking over in a job that doesn't challenge you

Well done and did you enjoy doing it? It's nothing to do with earning 200 300 pounds per day and days off spent better its learning how stuff works and it helps keeping the brain ticking over in a job that doesn't challenge you
Yes I did to be honest I come from a motor trade background so fitting things in vehicles and cutting holes in them doesn’t faze me wouldn’t want to do it for a living but it’s nice for a change

Does not appeal to me. I can think of far more fun things to do such as watching paint dry and jabbing rusty old forks in my eye balls but I do understand why people do these crazy things, to get a sense of achievement. That feels pretty good.

About 3 years ago my van broke down. I called out breakdown cover. He told me it was the starter motor. So I thought it would be good to replace it myself. Replaced it. Turned the key and nothing happened. Turns out it was something different . Ended up calling out the mobile mechanic. It was something to do with the fuse box but for those initial 10 seconds, I felt really proud of myself:ROFLMAO:

Very simple equation for me as work is work. If it would cost me more for any 'professional" to do the job at a higher rate than I can earn then I'll do it, if I am capable, otherwise there's the money crack on.
Now this could be painting and decorating or cutting grass. Up to now I think I'll have to defend myself on any forthcoming tax evasion charges and everything else someone else is doing it, except cutting the grass

I moved an xline 500ltr xtank ro/di delivery from Ford Transit Connect to current Nissan Primastar by myself as the other half couldn't help. Turns out the kids picnic table I used is exactly the right height for van floor level so slid out, slid back in BUT the picnic table legs snapped with the weight of tank ??

Originally it was bolted into the connect by xline but haven't got round to bolting the frame into the Nissan as added a 500 litre wyevale upright tank connected at the bottom to fill/drain evenly so frame wouldn't have allowed the tanks to butt up together flush.

2 x 10 ton ratchet straps for now (6 years so far) ???

I think if you have something to put it on at the correct level then moving the tank is easy,

I had to slide mine off a pallet on the floor then using the old ply lining out of the van floor and slide it up into the van ? I think mine was more of an effort plus I'm half the size of you ?

I think if you have something to put it on at the correct level then moving the tank is easy,

I had to slide mine off a pallet on the floor then using the old ply lining out of the van floor and slide it up into the van ? I think mine was more of an effort plus I'm half the size of you ?
I had mine on a pallet and had two aluminium bars put them up into the van and slid the tank up them not much friction , then rollers in the van ( short lengths of scaffold poles ) to roll it forward .

I had mine on a pallet and had two aluminium bars put them up into the van and slid the tank up them not much friction , then rollers in the van ( short lengths of scaffold poles ) to roll it forward .
You need rollers with 20ft long van I just sheer brute strength to push mine up to the bulkhead.
Thought I'd come back to this as I got my tank fitted yesterday at my local garage, with a small van like mine it's more of a challenge as the fuel tank was over half full, and the AdBlue tank and they were going to have to be dropped and potentially the exhaust they were stuck a bit as I am fitting rollers at the back doors so the ideal spot for them would have prevented me from being able to fit the rollers they had to source some steel and weld the brackets to the steel then bolt through the floor and utilise were the tie-down points are bolted with new bolts,

My mechanic assured me that with vans these days where the tie-down points are fitted to the van they are much more substantial these days and have spreader plates underneath!

It certainly gave me more of an insight into the potential issues of tank fitting into a small van, the bonus of him and his lads getting it sorted yesterday as promised as he never lets me down! is I am now able to remove the system from this van into another small van in the future and have the bespoke fittings they fabricated to re-use, although he might block my number but he promised not yet ?

Back