Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Word of warning - TDS Meters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just an update...

The Manager of Pure Freedom has emailed me earlier today to apologise for the way I was dealt with. I didn't pester for an apology, it was a follow up email from my original email, so it was good to see that there was a level of after service.

He's said everything I stated was correct and I shouldn't have been sent out the alternative version of the TDS Meter. He said they plan to sell both the HM Branded version and the unbranded version of the meters. I've suggested they add their own level of quality control on the unbranded versions and maybe even put the Pure Freedom stamp on them. Obviously it's just a suggestion and just an idea that I think would be beneficial for both Pure Freedom and anyone looking for a cheaper version of the TDS meters.

They've offered to send out the HM Digital version free of charge which I feel is more than reasonable with a full refund of the other one. I like to see good customer service and although the initial problem wasn't dealt with correctly I do feel happy with the follow up service.

Just an update...

The Manager of Pure Freedom has emailed me earlier today to apologise for the way I was dealt with. I didn't pester for an apology, it was a follow up email from my original email, so it was good to see that there was a level of after service.

He's said everything I stated was correct and I shouldn't have been sent out the alternative version of the TDS Meter. He said they plan to sell both the HM Branded version and the unbranded version of the meters. I've suggested they add their own level of quality control on the unbranded versions and maybe even put the Pure Freedom stamp on them. Obviously it's just a suggestion and just an idea that I think would be beneficial for both Pure Freedom and anyone looking for a cheaper version of the TDS meters.

They've offered to send out the HM Digital version free of charge which I feel is more than reasonable with a full refund of the other one. I like to see good customer service and although the initial problem wasn't dealt with correctly I do feel happy with the follow up service.
When I first started in this line of work I bought everything from PF. I had a new 650l tank, Protectakote floor and a hot water system installed.
Drove home and filled the tank the next day. After a couple of hours went out to check everything was OK and saw water everywhere and the tank less than half full.
On inspection found the tank had a massive crack in it. I rang them to get another tank installed and went down the next week.
Speaking to the owner at the time asking for compensation, diesel etc, he claimed they weren't liable as they bought the tank in and the tank failed, not their system. When I replied if I buy a burger from McDonald's and it's off I don't sue the burger manufacturer I sue who I bought it from.
I don't know if the word "sue" rattled him but within 24 hours he emailed me an offer of £200, for my time and fuel, and a new 27' pole for the inconvenience.
They've always tried to get out of their legal responsibilities, but will honour them if pushed.

When I first started in this line of work I bought everything from PF. I had a new 650l tank, Protectakote floor and a hot water system installed.
Drove home and filled the tank the next day. After a couple of hours went out to check everything was OK and saw water everywhere and the tank less than half full.
On inspection found the tank had a massive crack in it. I rang them to get another tank installed and went down the next week.
Speaking to the owner at the time asking for compensation, diesel etc, he claimed they weren't liable as they bought the tank in and the tank failed, not their system. When I replied if I buy a burger from McDonald's and it's off I don't sue the burger manufacturer I sue who I bought it from.
I don't know if the word "sue" rattled him but within 24 hours he emailed me an offer of £200, for my time and fuel, and a new 27' pole for the inconvenience.
They've always tried to get out of their legal responsibilities, but will honour them if pushed.
I like your analogy about suing the burger manufacturer, that's a cracking response to think up on the spot and completely highlights the point so anyone can understand it.

It's a shame you have to push to get the right result. In my case I didn't push them, just sent a single email and it was them who changed their mind / looked into it further. But offering this in the first place is better for all businesses, any money that it might cost a business would be recouped by an excellent reputation and recommendations.

I do wonder if sometimes the person who runs a business is too quick to go on the defensive and causes the issues to escalate. When all they needed to do was sit down and let their feelings die down a bit before considering their responsibilities and the customers issues.

I do wonder if sometimes the person who runs a business is too quick to go on the defensive and causes the issues to escalate. When all they needed to do was sit down and let their feelings die down a bit before considering their responsibilities and the customers issues.
Its just human nature, we all head for denial until reality sinks in. A lawyer's letter usually makes them act or when trading standards get involved.

Latest Posts

Back