Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best brushes if you start using your first van mounted wfp system for residential work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DannyBe

Hi everyone, I am about to start using a smaller van with 300-400l tank that I want to regularly fill up at a local Spotless water kiosk. I also want to use a UniValve and/or a remote flow control. Most of my customers are residential. 

Up to now I have used a BigBoy2 backpack with a 22ft Phantom hybrid pole, a UniValve and a Phoenix 14'' brush with bristles of dual length and with two pencil jets. I believe the Phoenix 14'' brush was selected into the package by the Window Cleaning Warehouse with regard to the need of completing plenty of windows with minimum amount of water.

But I also believe that with the acquisition of a van mounted wfp system the priorities for brush selection might slightly change. What types (makes, models) of brushes and corresponding types of jets would you first buy for your residential work if you acquired your first van-mounted wfp system? And why?

Many thanks!

If you like the brush stick with it. Stiff brushes are best with hot water!!!

Sill brushes are good as they have extra bristles pointing down so you can clean sills easier then a non sill brush might do. 

Going from a backpack to a van mount means you have more water, so you can up the flow rate and rinse quicker but you also need to scrub quicker as you will have more water flowing (so you don't waste water).

Brushes are quite a tricky one when starting out, I'm only a few months in and now have 4 different brushes!!! I have an extreme flocked sill brush (great on leaded glass and light), a Supreme 23cm Brush - DuPont Tapertec Hybrid (great splay and good for getting spiders nests in corners), Sill Brush 24cm - Medium-Mixed (great brush for not having to get angle correct), and a SILL Universal 26cm Brush - Flocked (for facias and soffits). 

I think any brush has to be a balance between weight & effectiveness, my current favourite is the Gardiner Supreme with 50 degree fan jets, I don't see why that wouldn't be a good choice for someone starting out on residentials.

I use a extreme flocked sill on my slx27 great combo for reaching over connys and 3rd story Victorians.
SLX 27 is too heavy for me to work with all day. I'm not built for that weight.

Sorry miss read that it's the actually the Extreme 27?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I am about to start using a smaller van with 300-400l tank that I want to regularly fill up at a local Spotless water kiosk. I also want to use a UniValve and/or a remote flow control. Most of my customers are residential. 

Up to now I have used a BigBoy2 backpack with a 22ft Phantom hybrid pole, a UniValve and a Phoenix 14'' brush with bristles of dual length and with two pencil jets. I believe the Phoenix 14'' brush was selected into the package by the Window Cleaning Warehouse with regard to the need of completing plenty of windows with minimum amount of water.

But I also believe that with the acquisition of a van mounted wfp system the priorities for brush selection might slightly change. What types (makes, models) of brushes and corresponding types of jets would you first buy for your residential work if you acquired your first van-mounted wfp system? And why?

Many thanks!
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Plenty of replies on countless posts with regards to brushes. Recommendations in my opinion are worthless as one man's brush may be rubbish to you 

SLX 27 is too heavy for me to work with all day. I'm not built for that weight.

Sorry miss read that it's the actually the Extreme 27?
It was the extreme flocked sill brush with a slx27 pole. I did start with just this pole and even on my short days it was a bit heavy. I have now bought a clx18 for most work and a clx8 for bungalows.  I tend to just use the slx27 where necessary (mainly reaching over connys) and the clx18 for most work. I recently got the clx8 as it was same price as clx4 (think they messed up pricing on brush) as I do have a few bungalows where it is great, just feels so light and fast ?

Latest Posts

Back