Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

650L UNIT VAN MOUNTED WFP SYSTEM SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I am surprised a Scotsman paid that for a hot paddling pool in the van, you can't even get into, you are obviously not from Fife, where the saying is, "you have to feed a fifer with a lang spoon". (To keep them away from your pockets)  I think that's the saying anyway
Exactly, I have to weight things up. I just bit the bullet and went for it. I must say its been the best investment I have made. I had a year of teething problems but its all came good now and a licence to print money. When I get the new van, it will read "luxury window cleaning" with another sign saying pure hot water. If I ever get round to it, far too busy again and next week sunshine so I expect more work to come in. ? 

There are soo many van mounted WFP systems like Grippa, Xline, Smart tank, Facelift, Pure Freedom, Aquapure? Which one is the best system? 

Any suggestions please? Also any systems I should avoid due to bad experiences?
Hey mate. I would personally rule out any system that hasn't been crash tested. After all, thats the main reason to pay the big bucks for one! 

That being said, you're choices are Pure2O, Grippa, PureFreedom and Ionics. 

I've only ever had Pure2O and went with them as they price match other quotes (including non crash systems). So find the cheapest quote you can and send it over to them! They'll also be able to advise on the max system size they can fit to your van. Like @Part Timer said, you can't take a 650 and any company saying it's safe is talking nonsense! Stay well clear!

https://www.pure2o.co.uk/price-promise/

I wish you'd actually share the reality not what you dreamt. You had all sorts of problems and delays. You also do about £800 a month of window cleaning so won't be anywhere near covering the cost of the installation yet. My PF Webasto hot water system that generates far more revenue doesn't cost £600 a year to run let alone just service.
Didn't realise PF did hot water. How do you find that system and their service? Was looking at Grippa but not sure as haven't heard the best recently. 

Hey mate. I would personally rule out any system that hasn't been crash tested. After all, thats the main reason to pay the big bucks for one! 

I've only ever had Pure2O and went with them as they price match other quotes (including non crash systems). So find the cheapest quote you can and send it over to them! They'll also be able to advise on the max system size they can fit to your van. Like @Part Timer said, you can't take a 650 and any company saying it's safe is talking nonsense! Stay well clear!

Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

They just install a Webasto system, which I believe is the market leader.
It is the market leader. What we also know is that the Webasto Thermo 90ST (copy??) is being manufactured by the Chinese and sells for 1/3 of the price before import duties. What we don't know is if Webasto is permitting a previous model to continue to be manufactured for use in Third World countries or not. (The current 9.1kw heater, The Thermo Pro 90 is only available from Webasto. I say this as Bosch did the same thing with their Power Tools. In one instance the old production line from Scintilla in Switzerland was moved to Mexico where production continued. The casing colour was changed from green to black. The ultrasonic plastic fan was changed to a stamped out metal fan. Otherwise it was the identical tool.)

Have any wfp hot water suppliers been tempted to use these Chinese manufactured old models? It was reported that one supplier did use the Chinese version of the Thermo Top C in their diesel heaters at one time.

It is the market leader. What we also know is that the Webasto Thermo 90ST (copy??) is being manufactured by the Chinese and sells for 1/3 of the price before import duties. What we don't know is if Webasto is permitting a previous model to continue to be manufactured for use in Third World countries or not. (The current 9.1kw heater, The Thermo Pro 90 is only available from Webasto. I say this as Bosch did the same thing with their Power Tools. In one instance the old production line from Scintilla in Switzerland was moved to Mexico where production continued. The casing colour was changed from green to black. The ultrasonic plastic fan was changed to a stamped out metal fan. Otherwise it was the identical tool.)

Have any wfp hot water suppliers been tempted to use these Chinese manufactured old models? It was reported that one supplier did use the Chinese version of the Thermo Top C in their diesel heaters at one time.
I know Bosch Blue is the professional range and Bosch Green is DIY but where does the Bosch Black range fit in Spruce?

What did you spray it with and what dilution rate ??? And time scale 
I used the wet n forget at the dilution they give for spraying, think it is basically 5litres of chem, 30litres of product.

The bungalow roof, one side looks like it's done OK, but not much moss on despite it being East facing, the west side is like nothing has happened n it was done last year at something, 10months I'm guessing

I used the wet n forget at the dilution they give for spraying, think it is basically 5litres of chem, 30litres of product.

The bungalow roof, one side looks like it's done OK, but not much moss on despite it being East facing, the west side is like nothing has happened n it was done last year at something, 10months I'm guessing
Ok if it’s thick moss it’s usually better to scrape it first unless you really soak it well with the mix , using a hypo mix will be a lot cheaper and will generally give the same results, sometimes the results arnt great with bio products I am not a fan of them as have had very mixed results and cannot guarantee the results when I walk away , I want to like and use bio but just have not had very good results with any of it ??? I did some long term testing with bio and hypo on my own properties and found 99% of the time hypo gave better , much quicker results , and grow back was much slower than using the bio . 

Thank you for the info.The biocide is generally good for green algae,  but when talking roofs defo needs scraping beforehand, I said to the customer I could spray it n see what happens, as his roofer friend's said the roof tiles shouldn't be scraped.  

I know Bosch Blue is the professional range and Bosch Green is DIY but where does the Bosch Black range fit in Spruce?
It was a copy of the DIY tools that were made in Switzerland. They weren't available in the UK. They were the old SB350 10mm impact drill, the ST350 jigsaw (non pendulum action), the PSS150 finishing sander and a circular saw PKS55 if memory serves me.

They were made for the Mexico market but somehow we managed to get a consignment to sell in the South African market.

All power tools had to be approved by the SABS (South African Bureau of Standards) before they could be imported. All power Tools sold in Europe had to have the CE mark as its known today. When a new product was launched, South Africa would accept the CE mark as certification of compliance in that country as well.

Those tools for Mexico had no CE compliance certification for sale in Europe so I had to get these tested and certified before we could put them into the shops in time for the Christmas sales.

I believe Aquapure is a bloke working from his driveway in Preston. A few things to condider. First off is the size of tank they fit to partner vans is way over their load capacity. Second they advertise their system as a 2 man but show only 1 pump and controller which isn't a great way to do things as if 1 user switches off their pole the other gets all the flow! Just Google them and the do a street view the address is a residential one! I would be surprised if they had liability insurance for fitting tanks! 

For the money they are charging I would go to a reputable supplier. 

I believe Aquapure is a bloke working from his driveway in Preston. A few things to condider. First off is the size of tank they fit to partner vans is way over their load capacity. Second they advertise their system as a 2 man but show only 1 pump and controller which isn't a great way to do things as if 1 user switches off their pole the other gets all the flow! Just Google them and the do a street view the address is a residential one! I would be surprised if they had liability insurance for fitting tanks! 

For the money they are charging I would go to a reputable supplier. 
checked them out and you were right. Staying well clear of Aquapure. cheers pal. 

thanks for your advice pal appreciated.

Pure freedom IMO is bomb proof.  
cheers pal

I would say PF are the closest to you and they are an engineering company. Buy the tank etc from them, and get them to install it. I wouldn't get them to "Protektacote the floor as it's not very hard wearing. I personally wouldn't buy anything else from them though as there is far better equipment elsewhere. 
Hi bought the Purefreedom 650L tank off ebay. PF will be installing it when i get my van. You mentioned to buy other equipment elsewhere? Where would you recommend to purchase the water fed poles? I have heard Gardiner do good ones. Do you know if they are any good?

Hi bought the Purefreedom 650L tank off ebay. PF will be installing it when i get my van. You mentioned to buy other equipment elsewhere? Where would you recommend to purchase the water fed poles? I have heard Gardiner do good ones. Do you know if they are any good?
Gardiners poles are the market leader to be honest , you won’t go wrong with there products .

Gardiner poles are the best in most peoples experience, most are very happy with the SLX range. We either buy the cheaper CLX or the expensive Xtreme.

Back