Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wtaer Tap Connector

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wenson

Hi I was reading an old 2018 Marc 674 post about making up a connector for outside tap. He was using the standard 8mm reel hose to hozelock adapter. Does it make any difference what size hose you use? I have got a 6mm horsetail tail to hozelock adapter I have had for years and never used. I personally cannot see why I cannot a small length of 6mm blue hose instead of the 8mm since it is going to be fitted to the normal 6mm pole hose anyway. If it makes a difference I will buy a adapter with 8mm hose tail.

Tap hose to pole hose.jpgTap hose to pole hose.jpgTap hose to pole hose.jpg

Hi I was reading an old 2018 Marc 674 post about making up a connector for outside tap. He was using the standard 8mm reel hose to hozelock adapter. Does it make any difference what size hose you use? I have got a 6mm horsetail tail to hozelock adapter I have had for years and never used. I personally cannot see why I cannot a small length of 6mm blue hose instead of the 8mm since it is going to be fitted to the normal 6mm pole hose anyway. If it makes a difference I will buy a adapter with 8mm hose tail.

View attachment 29678View attachment 29678View attachment 29678
Use what hose you like. There's only ever going to be so much water flowing through it due to bore size.

I have a whole bag full of handy interconnect hoses I've made for various jobs. They is no limitation to making your own kit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410_005928_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_005928_Instagram.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240410_005941_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_005941_Instagram.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
Use what hose you like. There's only ever going to be so much water flowing through it due to bore size.

I have a whole bag full of handy interconnect hoses I've made for various jobs. They is no limitation to making your own kit
I've made similar to these by @AW Services and they are very handy. Saves loads of messing about sometimes.

Latest Posts

Back