Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

backpack startup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I was trad for 24 years and went wfp last year

It depends on my mood whether i trad bottoms or not but the ladders only really come out for access over flat roofs etc

If I'm tradding bottoms i just put my belt on with a bottle of soap and water then wfp tops then go round bottoms

A 3m double is usually sufficient for most Windows... The lyte Elt230 or I have the 330, as it means I only have to carry one ladder, using only 2 sections generally, but having the 3rd for anything a bit higher or gutter jobs... A window cleaners pointer ladder can be very useful, however they are a fair bit more expensive than a regular ladder...

You could wfp tops and trad bottoms and not buy ladders until you have built up some work and just avoid awkward access ones etc for a few weeks until you have cash flowing in
I

are you 100% this way or are you still doing trad work on some upstairs properties?
100% here where I can get away with it - some houses (ones with lots of roof access required) are just easier with a ladder though. You'll learn when and where to use both as you get through your workflow.

Back